• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do I want these?

The only downside I can see is that they're 1/16th of a Rolex.
I won't comment on someone who knows the price of a pRole-X

The boots - get them if you want all your trousers to hook up on the strap and buckle - all the time.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do I want these?

The only downside I can see is that they're 1/16th of a Rolex.

Get them. FYI I may have seen you few weeks ago in parramatta station around 7 pm. Wearing suit , tan filson and a stick umbrella. I remember that massive fup with train delays.

smeggett

Reaction score
Met a fellow who works at RMW the other night in their procurement area. Was quite an interesting chat - apparently sales of the Signature Craftsmans have actually increased yoy since they hiked the price from $600 to $1000. Seems people find the boots more desirable the higher the price gets (well, to this point at least).

Apparently they have an MTO program as well which I never knew (and wouldn't bother with given the range of sizes and widths they already produce). Seems people like the idea of their 'own' personal polyurethane last. The world is indeed an interesting place.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Met a fellow who works at RMW the other night in their procurement area. Was quite an interesting chat - apparently sales of the Signature Craftsmans have actually increased yoy since they hiked the price from $600 to $1000. Seems people find the boots more desirable the higher the price gets (well, to this point at least).

Apparently they have an MTO program as well which I never knew (and wouldn't bother with given the range of sizes and widths they already produce). Seems people like the idea of their 'own' personal polyurethane last. The world is indeed an interesting place.

RMW had a corporate discount with my employer of 20%off prepaid gift cards. They have terminated this program few weeks ago. I assume they might have done that with others as well. They obviously want to upmarket the brand.

Last edited:

smeggett

Reaction score
RMW had a corporate discount with my employer of 20%off prepaid gift cards. They have terminated this program few weeks ago. I assume they might have done that with others as well. They obviously want to upmarket the brand.

I think that's the game for them. you've just triggered my memory again - it was mentioned that they have (or are close to) signed a deal with two US department stores to supply product. The downside is the quality required for them to supply to the US market will drop their (annual, monthly, ?? not sure - we were drinking Sparking Ale, but I'm going to go with annual) production from 750k boots to 500k boots. I'm guessing this is related to variation (or, rather a need for a lack thereof) in the final product - six sigma and all that.

So perhaps, not the best move unless increased margins make up for the reduced production.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People are assholes.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Smeggett, Coopers Original Sparkling Ale? I've gone back to it after all the "craft" beers and IPA.

Remember playing beer hunter with Coopers grenades back in the early 80's.

The original craft beer still better than any commercial swill.

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
End clothing has 20% off with spring20. Anyone fancy a belstaff roadmaster will come down to $830 shipped!

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I'm a big fan of the "craft beer" phenomenon. Sure, beers with a lot of flavour (be it hops bitterness, malty sweetness or whatever) are not for everyone. In fact many of me moits scornfully eschew boutique labels in favour of good old VB or Reschs or whatever.

But it's great to have a wide choice available. These days it's unusual to go into a pub and not be able to order a draught beer that didn't come from either Lion Nathan or Foster's Brewing/CUB/whatever they're called now.

The duopoly had it too good for too long. I'm glad they now have some real competition from small, often family-owned independent breweries.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Personally I'm a big fan of the "craft beer" phenomenon. Sure, beers with a lot of flavour (be it hops bitterness, malty sweetness or whatever) are not for everyone. In fact many of me moits scornfully eschew boutique labels in favour of good old VB or Reschs or whatever.

But it's great to have a wide choice available. These days it's unusual to go into a pub and not be able to order a draught beer that didn't come from either Lion Nathan or Foster's Brewing/CUB/whatever they're called now.

The duopoly had it too good for too long. I'm glad they now have some real competition from small, often family-owned independent breweries.

Craft beer is a good hipster phenomenon :bigstar: try Young Henry's at their Newtown micro brewery.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads