• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that you or Billy Bragg playing guitar?

That's me.

But I believe Billy often gets mistaken for me, especially by young ladies with large breasts. They're very disappointed when they realise their mistake.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking of going to a hipster barber shop today for haircut. The place appears to be full of tattooed men with Ned Kelly beards, but the haircuts are actually quite reasonably priced ($32 in the conservative business dress for a haircut with a hot towel and cut-throat razor trim on the back of the neck).

There's an Iraqi man on Mary Street near Central who does excellent cissor cuts for $17. Including single edged razor on back of neck. 
It's true the best barbers are from Iraq. You should go and get your beard faded and threaded JM, these guys will have you looking like a character from Aladdin in no time!

Last edited:

conqueror

Reaction score
it sucks finding a new barber, i went to the same dude in adelaide for 5+ years and nothing compares since moving to canberra.

Last edited:

akclothpooper

Reaction score
For ***** sake Prince's dead, found out on the radio at the gym jesus. Some great musicians are doin a memorial gig tonight at the Brooklyn Bowl tonight wish I could be there man, ******* devastating.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like hipsters - it's great that people get interested and enthusiastic about unnecessary and weird **** (like, uh, clothes) and that's valuable I think.

smeggett

Reaction score
Smeggett, Coopers Original Sparkling Ale? I've gone back to it after all the "craft" beers and IPA.

Indeed! "Tis a fine drop, especially when on tap (which is rare, and certainly wasn't this night). Cooper's Pale is the standard beer in the fridge at home, but I've got say I've been enjoying some of the Pirate Life brews (the IIPA in particular) as well when out and about in Adelaide-town.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Md, you've had your belstaff for a few more days, still happy with it? What colour did you end up getting?

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Md, you've had your belstaff for a few more days, still happy with it? What colour did you end up getting?

I went with the faded olive. Lol that you asked me if I am still happy with it. Truthful answer is I am waiting for it grow on me. This is a very masculine jacket and over powers most of my outfits. I'm still in the process to find how to wear this better. I think six months of wear will soften the silhouette.
Did you end up getting the navy commander? I actually stocked up and bought a navy liddesdale.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went with the faded olive. Lol that you asked me if I am still happy with it. Truthful answer is I am waiting for it grow on me. This is a very masculine jacket and over powers most of my outfits. I'm still in the process to find how to wear this better. I think six months of wear will soften the silhouette.
Did you end up getting the navy commander? I actually stocked up and bought a navy liddesdale.

Thanks for the further thoughts. No think I would need the olive to get enough use out of the jacket.

Actually one more question, could the belstaff logo on the sleeve be unpicked or removed? Really not a fan of logos on my clothes regardless of the brand.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the further thoughts. No think I would need the olive to get enough use out of the jacket.

Actually one more question, could the belstaff logo on the sleeve be unpicked or removed? Really not a fan of logos on my clothes regardless of the brand.

Logo can be removed. The jacket design itself is so outrageous , makes the sleeve logo hardly noticeable .Picture of the logo and old Barbour vs new belstaff olive colour.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How.....can..one....be...a...sports...fan?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads