• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

magicalporks

Reaction score
Looking at getting some new frames again, anyone know of anything similar to these face a face ones that aren't pushing $600? as much as I like em, that's probably a bit more than I'm inclined to spend on glasses right now

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, an eyeware thread. :)

For those of you that own Lindberg glasses, how comfortable are the nose pads? I switched to ones without them after my nose would get a bitt sore and red after wearing them all day.

I have always found the round pads on my Corona('s) quite comfortable. Never had irritation or pressure spots.

unsuitable

Reaction score
I have never worn glasses or needed them beyond sunglasses or shooting glasses. I'm middle aged now and I need readers.

I work around a campus where I am inside and outside all day long. I dislike the idea of 2 pair of glasses cluttering up my jacket or bag.

I want a pair of readers that are Photo-chromatic and progressive bifocals. In other words, glasses that are readers below and no adjustment up top. My friend who is a pilot has some of these and he swears by them.

If I find a frame that I like where is the best place (probably online) to get Photochromatic progressive reader lenses for my frames?

My frame worries are compounded by a large head. So I am hoping to disentangle the drama of finding a wide frame from the drama of getting my "one pair to rule them all" - glasses that I can use as readers and sunglasses (when walking around).

Thank you

Brown Corduroy

Reaction score
Longtime wearer of glasses. I've been wearing Cutler and Gross for my last 2 frames going back 8 years. Still love what I've been wearing but feel I'm overdo for a change.

After learning about Kadoya Jinjiro glasses, I've been trying to find more info about them. They make frames using old-school celluloid. Know a little about the material. Mostly that it is very flammable. And that it can get brittle over time.

Do you have any experience with celluloid frames in general, new or vintage? How do they hold up? Do they require special handling or care? And do you know anything specific about KJ frames? Do they do something to the celluloid that they use to overcome the material's drawbacks?

Thanks.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for frames with small lens (very strong prescription) and longer temples (7 5/8th inch hat size). Any suggestions? I'd settle just for a recommendation of quality frames that I can get with longer temples.

hobojones

Reaction score
Anyone able to help me find frames similar to these in style?

Want to keep it around 200 or less. Looking for the metal bridge and the rounded lenses in particular. Many thanks in advance.

Dicky Dicardo

Reaction score

Looking for frames with small lens (very strong prescription) and longer temples (7 5/8th inch hat size). Any suggestions? I'd settle just for a recommendation of quality frames that I can get with longer temples.

Shuron has more size options than most; but they don't have a lot of real small lens frames. Check out the Freeway at the site below. That could work for you as the thicker frame could hide a thick lens, especially if you go with Hi-Index. The frames are moderately priced and are of great quality.

http://optometristattic.com/PLASTIC_FRAMES.htm

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I missed the Mr. Porter x Cutler & Gross x Kingsman collab frames - mostly because the movie looked like **** and I didn't bother to watch anything related to it until the collection was finished.

I like the 60s vibe, the slight modern shaping, and the drop temple. If these were for sale, I'd just buy them. Any suggestions for an alternative?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Is there much discussion of budget eyewear options around these parts. This is probably stupid on account of how overpriced and oversized my wardrobe is, but I hardly ever wear my glasses so I don't feel like ponying up for Oliver Peoples NDG-1s or whatever. I tried on the Warby Parker Nash model, and while they fit my face really well, I didn't like the color options (crystal, greystone, and whiskey tortoise).

Anybody know of something similar but with the frame in a solid color, ideally something I could get at an optometrist or otherwise buy in-person rather than online?

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried single vision high definition / free form lenses? I have a pretty high prescription (-9.00, +1.25, 90) and have been wearing contacts all my life. From what I've researched it helps with the fish bowl effect, peripheral distortion, glare and is also thinner than regular lenses. Is it really as good as they say? Also for those with high prescriptions, were you advised to choose smaller frame sizes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads