• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like the Han Timeless Clip On Sunglasses,
Han-Kjobenhavn-Timeless-Eyewear-Hype-Means-Everything.jpg

Before buying them, are there similar alternatives?

I am looking for a clip on / or acetate + metal double bridge glasses

I've seen great Oliver Peoples but from collaborations no longer made.

Thanks in advance

Han is fine. Maybe look into illsteva

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got those Han clip-ons and like them a lot.
They are currently being fitted with prescription lenses.
The Doc model has been my been my go-to pair of glasses the last few years.

laughter95

Reaction score
CityConnection,

How did I do on my purchase in terms of price to quality/value?

Vision: R - 2.75/-0.50/175, L -2.25/-0.50/180

1. Oliver Peoples Follies 1281 - $225 http://goo.gl/0Ju0nD
2. Polycarbonate single vision - $40 (I recognize that you don't like poly, but these were what the optometrist recommended to me...)
3. Crizal Alize (the best coating they can provide, sapphire was unavailable) - $68

TOTAL OTD: $333

Thanks!

Last edited:

slump56

Reaction score
Anything like the
persol 3007v, but a little smaller depth/height wise? The width is fine, but it covers the very bottom of my eyebrows and just seems a little too tall. I like the shape otherwise.

guss

Reaction score
Does anybody know the eyewear Willem Dafoe is wearing in the movie The Fault in our Stars?

Best regards, Guss

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any updates to this FAQ?

5. What are some frames that have a good bang for the buck?

-As of Jan 2012, I feel that Kio Yamato, O&X, Urband, Cheap Monday, MODO, Spectacle Eyeworks, Prodesign and Lightec are all brands that provide good bang for the buck.

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just got my glasses from *gasp* Lenscrafters. I bought them there because of my insurance policy but I probably didn't end up saving much overall. Each pair was like $400 each with the high index lenses, coating, roll and polish. I did stick to the Persol and Rayban as per city's recommendations.

My prescription was OD -650 -025 130 and OS -750 -025 055 SV Distance. I took the sales associate's suggestion for 1.67 index, AR, and roll and polish. She said I wouldn't gain that much more by going 1.74 over 1.67 with rolled edges and at the cost of 1.74 I didn't think twice. I was wondering if she was right though in recommending that I get smaller, rectangular, plastic frames in order to hide the lenses. I originally wanted to get one pair with large, round lenses and she said that even if my eyes were in the center, my lenses would be noticeably thick and look bad even with 1.74. She also recommended against wire frames so it seemed like my options were very limited. Would you agree with this sentiment? I guess I could still return my glasses if need be but that would be uncool so I probably won't. I can post pictures showing the thickness if that helps. Thanks.

Also, anyone have opinions on Dailies Total1? Worth the premium? I have dry eyes that usually get red after a day of wearing contacts.

Last edited:

eyewearnerd

Reaction score
Dita is actually very well made and is actually exclusive, they open very few accounts and it's hard to find. They are now very popular because so many celebrities wear Dita.

Eyewear Nerd

eyewearnerd

Reaction score
CityConnection:

What's the word on Dita's quality, I'm thinking about purchasing two pair at full retail. Let me know what you think.

Dita is actually very well made and is actually exclusive, they open very few accounts and it's hard to find. They are now very popular because so many celebrities wear Dita.

Eyewear Nerd

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any tips on who makes something similar to this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads