• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

AL FINK

Reaction score

here it is... the leg opening is really small (5.9inch) ... is it acceptable for business wear(e.g interview) or should i get a tradition one? sorry i am new here (know nothing about formal wear:( )
5.9" leg opening is really skinny. If you're very skinny, it will be okay but not really acceptable in many people eyes. Personally, I would say a big no for business/interview.

dsiwireless

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just bought a Moncler Grenoble jacket. I notice the logo is different than the Moncler jacket I have already. I know that these are 2 different lines. I guess one is the main line (circular logo), one is a sporty line (the M logo).
Can someone clarify this for me? What are the main difference? Is the Grenoble line a sub-line or something? Does it still consider the Original Moncler design line? I guess what I want to find out is whether the Grenoble line (w/ the M logo) a lower line or higher line when compare to the main line (circular logo)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most people aren't as picky about clothes as we are, but as far as solid navy suits go that's a pretty aggressive and non conservative cut. Whether it's acceptable or would negatively affect you depends on the context, but if you will be wearing suits in front of relatively discerning people in the future I'd try to return and get a Suit Supply one (for instance).

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

here it is... the leg opening is really small (5.9inch) ... is it acceptable for business wear(e.g interview) or should i get a tradition one? sorry i am new here (know nothing about formal wear:( )
It's a young, skinny style. So if you're young (like under 22) and skinny you might be OK. Another important factor is your shoes. If you have large shoes/feet, the skinny ankle opening will give you the dreaded Clown Shoe Syndrome.

dsiwireless

Reaction score

Hello all,

I've just bought a Moncler Grenoble jacket. I notice the logo is different than the Moncler jacket I have already. I know that these are 2 different lines. I guess one is the main line (circular logo), one is a sporty line (the M logo).
Can someone clarify this for me? What are the main difference? Is the Grenoble line a sub-line or something? Does it still consider the Original Moncler design line? I guess what I want to find out is whether the Grenoble line (w/ the M logo) a lower line or higher line when compare to the main line (circular logo)?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone can help? I got 3 more days to decide before I exchange it for my wife. I don't want to buy the wrong one for her. Lol.

Thanks again, any inputs help.

Calvingcn

Reaction score

What size is the suit? I think what matters more is how skinny are you. If you are very skinny then a skinny suit will look well fitting on you.

Also, in the picture that suit looks iridescent like a sharkskin suit. I think a more matte navy or grey suit is considered more acceptable for an interview or business environment.

The size is 34 (I'm really tiny) ... I'm quite slim but not extremely skinny....

punit12

Reaction score
Opinions on this sport coat I'm looking at thrifting? Is the buttoning point too low to be useful? Or does it look okay? Thank you.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell from that angle but my only worry would be the lapel notch being too low and/or too big. The buttoning point looks fine.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like could be a good kop, how much is it? Shot of you wearing it might be more useful to judge though.

punit12

Reaction score
It's on eBay so would have to be a blind buy - it's about $75 shipped to the UK with customs. Looking at it again, the lapel notch does seem quite low!

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the angle of the shot makes them look bigger than they are, they might be okay. Depending on the wearing and how you dress it I think large lapels can be quite nice in a bold sort of way. The pattern kind of fits that look too, worn with some simpler shirt/tie combo.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the lapels are too chunky IMO

They're certainly wider than the current fashion for what I consider to be unreasonably narrow lapels.

Still and all, I don't think the sport coat in question looks all that bad. That it's somewhat dated stylistically is not an entirely bad thing. I'm meeting someone for dinner and drinks in a few hours, and if I had that sport coat hanging in my closet, I might wear it. (And the buttoning point wouldn't be an issue.)

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if it fits well and you're a young guy it wouldn't look stuffy and the large lapels will be fine. I think "dated" details only become an issue if the entire look uniformly makes you look "dated". Same with things like pleats and cuffs.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads