• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

ChronBong

Reaction score
get it dry cleaned. they can smoothen those things like they do with many other shirts.

on the other hand, asos quality are pure **** ....

jittery zeitgeist

Reaction score
I'll be travelling to the USA for the first time. My flight to New York goes this thursday.
My travelmate and I will probably buy a pair of jeans at Blue in Green.
In Germany you can always ask for a (small) discount when spending much money in one store.
I'm now wondering whether it is common to ask for a discount in the US, too?

Thanks!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll be travelling to the USA for the first time. My flight to New York goes this thursday.
My travelmate and I will probably buy a pair of jeans at Blue in Green.
In Germany you can always ask for a (small) discount when spending much money in one store.
I'm now wondering whether it is common to ask for a discount in the US, too?

Thanks!
I've never heard of this. Then again sometimes sales associates will sometimes give you some kind of discount depending on the store and how much you spend, but it's very rare. No harm in trying but I doubt you'd have much luck.

UpDownAeroplane

Reaction score
Alright, a bit of an odd question here.

I found some Junya Watanabe plimsole-style sneakers that I really like.

The available sizes are XS, S, and L. Unfortunately, there isn't a size chart on the website.

Does anybody know what size a Large is in American sizing? I haven't had any experience with Junya Watanabe before. I could order the shoes and return them, but I guess I would like to know the comparable American size beforehand so if it is really too small/big for me, I won't waste my time ordering them and returning them.

Last edited:

sholom

Reaction score

Anyone have recent experience with Gazzarrini blazers? Thinking about kopping one but price is kinda high. 
they're decent quality depending on the fabric. But I was looking at them and yoox seemed to have doubled the price that they used to offer them at. Daffys used to carry them for like 150.

LelandJ

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yoox quadrupled their prices: http://www.primeitaly.com/fashion_bargain-b.php?h_id=1867

So when they put in "on sale" for 40% off, you're only getting charged 230% over unjacked prices.

Feeling sour about Yoox's monopoly. Wouldn't surprise me if they have exclusivity clauses in their retail contracts with some of the Italian designers.
redface.gif

jakeypotato

Reaction score
Where can I get a really nice tuxedo shirt for under $100? I wouldn't mind going custom made route. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads