• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

DECEMBER

Reaction score
lmao, what do you call those ugly shoes?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
How boring would this world be if nobody took any chances and we all dressed exactly the same? More power to you.
thong_2.jpg
+1

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
I have been MIA most of July and August. My daughter visited for 2 weeks, and since then I am on the road. I have a lot of catching up to do, with posts, pictures, and things I am selling.

UPDATES . . .

So I have decided to get all of my clothes cut down to size, starting with the suits. This forum has taught me that you certainly do look better when there is no extra fabric. Most of the jackets fit me in the shoulders but are too bulky in the chest and/or waist. I am starting with those that are already close, i.e. the two suits posted somewhere in this thread that were already an improvement.

I have already taken in all of my 2 button suits, this alone will cost me more than an entire paycheck. SO I am accepting donations. I am totally serious. There have been enough people in this thread invested in my clothes fitting better, if everyone sends $5 or $10 (or more) I may be able to repair my entire wardrobe.

Paypal is [email protected] for personal, [email protected] for business (credit/debit card), or you can mail check/cash/money order to

Dan ''Spiffy'' Neuman
4334 Waite Circle
Madison, WI 53711-2844

I will probably post this as it's own thread to be sure it is seen.

Plenty of before and after pictures to come!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What have we done to the spiff? Ohhh noooo!

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spiff - impressed by your change of heart. I think you will look back and see a VAST improvement while still keeping your individuality.

I dont know about sending money, but whatever works.

I am GREATLY interested in seeing progress pics. Please post (srs)

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you like it more power too ya! seriously wear it in pride!

but i don't know why but a tie reminds me of.... GIFT WRAPPING PAPER

emptym

Reaction score
That's great, but it may be more cost effective to buy new. And it may be wiser to go slowly, one piece at a time. If you just have all your suits altered at once, you will probably be very disappointed in a year or two and have wasted a lot of time and money.

So I suggest getting one good, new (new to you at least. Nothing against thrift stores, eBay or B&S) suit in the next month or two. Wearing it a bit. Getting feedback on it, and then moving on to your second purchase.

giovanni8807

Reaction score
wow...learn how to tie a tie and lose the plastic shoes... and this is coming from a sicilian... the rest of it is ok if you can get the sizes down right...

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
That's great, but it may be more cost effective to buy new. And it may be wiser to go slowly, one piece at a time. If you just have all your suits altered at once, you will probably be very disappointed in a year or two and have wasted a lot of time and money.

So I suggest getting one good, new (new to you at least. Nothing against thrift stores, eBay or B&S) suit in the next month or two. Wearing it a bit. Getting feedback on it, and then moving on to your second purchase.

Very good advice, Spiff. If you are serious, slowly change your wardrobe. Your tastes are evolving, you see what you like, but now you have to figure out what works for you, and what your true measurements are (chest, shoulders, sleeve length, inseam, etc). Most of what you have now is not easily altered into what you see on SF.
I'll be glad to send you a couple bucks. You are one of the most pleasant people I have ever met on the interwebz and, despite the haters, I think most of us think you bring a unique perspective which we don't really understand, but results in variety and fun. I really do have mixed feelings about us influencing your look.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
if you like it more power too ya! seriously wear it in pride!

but i don't know why but a tie reminds me of.... GIFT WRAPPING PAPER

Which tie?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads