• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are there any legal steroids that aren't bad like steroids?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You don't need steroids. Just work out.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand why he thinks he need steroids, legal or otherwise. If he lacks energy, take caffeine. If he lacks motivation, give up. It's really quite simple.

The fact that he's never worked out before is actually great, that means his progress will be rapid starting out. Go out and get those newbie gains.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have so very little sympathy for the OP. I will be 54 in March - I hit the gym to lift 3-4 days per week and do marathons for cardio. I am a lazy ass m-f who does not like to exercise, but I do it because it must be done - the alternatives are just not pleasant.

NOTE: Purely as a vanity matter, as a consequence of the discipline, I am a 43" suit jacket and a 34" waist on trousers.

I do not do this for appearance (see caveat above), but because the benefits to health, energy, stress reduction, mobility, flexibility, and strength are critical and even more so as one ages. I have sought assistance in the past from stuff I would not use now. At this point, I stay with a much more limited palette of dietary supplements.

The simple truth is that the OP does not need legal or other steroids to achieve his very limited goals. A simple plan of exercise and diet will help significantly. I will offer tow possibly constructive thoughts:

1. If you detest exercise, get a trainer. The money spent is a great motivator; and/or

2. Do some sports. Sports can be a nice way to sneak in exercise. Find something you like - tennis, handball, volley ball, rollerblading, running, softball, even hiking, etc. - and get into the habit of doign something. Build from there.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He just needs to get to the point where he starts noticing results and enjoying the pain from working out. Then he'll be set.

rjt65

Reaction score
+1 very good response!

I work out Weights 4 days a week w-30-60 min cardio and one morning just 90-120 mins cardio machines..... (20 years religiously)--traveling for work try to get gyms in hotels.

I have started cutting down the power lifting -last few years as i was to big (50 plus jacket over 20 arms), legs tight in the thigh-hammie area... had issue finding IPOD workout armband (most only fit up to 19") --sooo went lighter weights-more reps-- I love lifting arms down to 19 inches and jacket 48L --37 -38 pants (yah could lose 20 lbs too)

never have had the super ripped roid body --- (friends did roids back in 70's -80's badd stufff) I see guys in the gym (some woman too!) super ripped that hardly worked out--- but if u don't do the work u will pay the piper...my friends associates that did 'roids are all bald now other issues--lot 'roid rage problems.. n NOT WORTH IT

I would suggest developing a good workout program --lots protein, supplement with a healthy protein shake with frozen fruit,yogurt added in...

A healthy lifestyle should be the goal with the benefits mentioned in the quote below the reward...

g luck!!

Originally Posted by marc237
I have so very little sympathy for the OP. I will be 54 in March - I hit the gym to lift 3-4 days per week and do marathons for cardio. I am a lazy ass m-f who does not like to exercise, but I do it because it must be done - the alternatives are just not pleasant.

NOTE: Purely as a vanity matter, as a consequence of the discipline, I am a 43" suit jacket and a 34" waist on trousers.

I do not do this for appearance (see caveat above), but because the benefits to health, energy, stress reduction, mobility, flexibility, and strength are critical and even more so as one ages. I have sought assistance in the past from stuff I would not use now. At this point, I stay with a much more limited palette of dietary supplements.

The simple truth is that the OP does not need legal or other steroids to achieve his very limited goals. A simple plan of exercise and diet will help significantly. I will offer tow possibly constructive thoughts:

1. If you detest exercise, get a trainer. The money spent is a great motivator; and/or

2. Do some sports. Sports can be a nice way to sneak in exercise. Find something you like - tennis, handball, volley ball, rollerblading, running, softball, even hiking, etc. - and get into the habit of doign something. Build from there.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjt65
good luck!!
FTFY You forgot the last three letters on that first word there. Please drop the excessive full stops and hyphens.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
I understand that one would want to work harder than normal while taking steroids, both because one can and because the costs and risks aren't really worth it if you arent getting everything you can out of the stuff, but is the above strictly true? I mean, for example, Bro A is doing a reasonably good job already, he's at say 14% BF and misses a workout here and there, but continues to make progress in the gym. Would he not see increased results with the same program if he started taking steroids?

Ive done cycles and the fact is that you need to be spot on with your diet and post cycle therapy and to really get those AAS benefits you end up working much harder, whether it be your increased recovery time or your excess testosterone. I just had a friend do his second cycle and lose 20lbs of water/fat/muscle because he wasn't eating enough and ended up getting very sick. But yeah obviously depending on what you're cycling you will see better results but not results worth spending 120+ a month on gear.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
dl20-

zacy, winstrol is IMO one of the 2 or 3 most powerful drugs out there and is only a cutting drug because people are usually cutting on it. 350mg of winny is more powerful than just about 350mg of anything else.

I love winstrol. I have an abundant source so whenever I have done a cut cyc ive used it. It's ballin.

rjt65

Reaction score
no i didnt forget it-- g'luck would have been more appropriate and I am not looking to annoy people by my on line writing style... What is the issue with how I write my BB notes? I am not writing a novel English paper or thesis or customer proposal.... the point here is in the message. cheers
Originally Posted by jobro
FTFY You forgot the last three letters on that first word there. Please drop the excessive full stops and hyphens.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not asking for sources or links or anything, but where do you guys buy this stuff? Back rooms of gyms (which Ive never seen), internet, friends?

I never run across drugs in my daily life because the kind of people I hang with arent into that stuff - but I know that if I ran with guys who smoked pot or took roids Id probably be curious to try anything without a needle. Heck, I wont even try the legal ph's. Just a test booster and creatine is good for me.

So just wondering where you guys find the gear and how you learned so much about it.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
Im not asking for sources or links or anything, but where do you guys buy this stuff? Back rooms of gyms (which Ive never seen), internet, friends?

I never run across drugs in my daily life because the kind of people I hang with arent into that stuff - but I know that if I ran with guys who smoked pot or took roids Id probably be curious to try anything without a needle. Heck, I wont even try the legal ph's. Just a test booster and creatine is good for me.

So just wondering where you guys find the gear and how you learned so much about it.

I rep my fellow miscers for info.

I have friends who somehow gets everything we use directly from Finland... it comes pre-packaged straight from pharmaceutical companies. I don't know how it gets here though. And legal PHs can be way harsher on your body than all out AAs.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZackyBoy
I rep my fellow miscers for info.

I have friends who somehow gets everything we use directly from Finland... it comes pre-packaged straight from pharmaceutical companies. I don't know how it gets here though. And legal PHs can be way harsher on your body than all out AAs.

yea, see... thats something I dont get. These phantom connections to people in Finland and ****. If it was legit Id be interested, but I guess I just dont know the right people.

Agreed about the phs. Ive looked hard at some a few years back like jungle warfare (do they still make that?) and it seemed like too much harm. Like it would seriously **** up your liver.

I love my supp's but now at 27 Im starting to get a gut and my genetics are ****, so Im focusing more on cardio and being trim moreso than bulking up. My best friends are caffeine and bronkaid.

ralph pls go

Deluks917

Reaction score
Javyn aren't you like a 130 pounds and can't bench a plate on both sides. I'm not the strongest man on the planet but I don't think somebody your size/strengthyou should be telling people they have no motivation. As your hero Rippetoe would say - Shut up and squat.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deluks917
Javyn aren't you like a 130 pounds and can't bench a plate on both sides. I'm not the strongest man on the planet but I don't think somebody your size/strengthyou should be telling people they have no motivation. As your hero Rippetoe would say - Shut up and squat.

Dude I'm 120 and started at 100. I'm the god damned Hulk right now. *flexes And hell yeah, squatting rules. It got me to where I am today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads