• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have a jacket or suit made by Cardelino?

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been chatting with the guys at Cardelino these past few weeks about getting a suit made up. The price is reasonable and from what I've seen, it looks like they'll make a good product. Anyone here ever have anything made by them? Curious to know what peoples' thoughts are on the finished product.

If I do it, I'll likely source the fabric from tip top.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I make suits in New York as well, Pedro does a lot of my alterations. He's very knowledgable and good to deal with. If he makes suits as well as he alters clothes I don't mind saying I think he will do a great job for you.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Swung by and had a chat w/ Pedro today. If fabric is self-supplied, $800 flat for a two-piece suit. Turn around is 3-4 weeks with 2-3 fittings. All work is done either in-house at their shop or at their workspace on 13th street. Pedro actually offered that I swing by the workspace to see some garments in progress before starting on a suit myself. I think I'll do just that next weekend and fully expect to pull the trigger on a suit this month.

riverrun

Reaction score
I was walking down the stairs after picking something up from Carl and noticed the open door and bolts of cloth at Cardelino. Pedro was in there alone working on something and was very friendly. He was the opposite of a salesman - very complementary of the suit I was wearing that another ny tailor made me. But saw my interest and showed me a couple jackets he's working on, some of which were still in pieces (he was putting the canvas / chest together one one - very cool). He clearly can do a wide range from very constructed to very soft, and he showed me some color sketches of jackets he'd done while trying to determine a cut with a client.

I was quoted a very different price for CMT than what scruff was quoted. Maybe he does different levels of handwork, bc I can't imagine he'd charge what scruff quoted for the work I saw.

falsestart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by riverrun
I was walking down the stairs after picking something up from Carl and noticed the open door and bolts of cloth at Cardelino. Pedro was in there alone working on something and was very friendly. He was the opposite of a salesman - very complementary of the suit I was wearing that another ny tailor made me. But saw my interest and showed me a couple jackets he's working on, some of which were still in pieces (he was putting the canvas / chest together one one - very cool). He clearly can do a wide range from very constructed to very soft, and he showed me some color sketches of jackets he'd done while trying to determine a cut with a client.

I was quoted a very different price for CMT than what scruff was quoted. Maybe he does different levels of handwork, bc I can't imagine he'd charge what scruff quoted for the work I saw.

I wanted to follow up on this thread as I had some discussions with Pedro about his suits. As people know he has opened an additional space to make custom suits. He told me that he would be making bespoke suits for approximatley 2K give or take depending on the fabric I talked with him a bit about what he meant by bespoke and he informed that for each customer he would first be making a paper pattern and moving forward from there with muliple fittings. Everything is done in shop.

In my experience I have found Pedro to be an execellent tailor, reasonable and a very nice man to work with - so I wanted to pass this info on here

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the $800 for MTM and $2k for bespoke?

falsestart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
Is the $800 for MTM and $2k for bespoke?

Not clear to me - In speaking with him the 2k figure was the only one he mentioned - he spoke only of bespoke nothing was mentioned regarding mtm

riverrun

Reaction score
Anyone have something made by pedro?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to see one as well.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did and results weren't good. I'll eventually post up pics once I get the pants cleaned up. Fit on the jacket is wrong in just so many ways (he's , despite the (very) high quality of worksmanship. I'd love to give him another go, but just don't think he has the skill or training for fit.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
I did and results weren't good. I'll eventually post up pics once I get the pants cleaned up. Fit on the jacket is wrong in just so many ways (he's , despite the (very) high quality of worksmanship. I'd love to give him another go, but just don't think he has the skill or training for fit.

That sucks.

NSM is next for you?

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
That sucks.

NSM is next for you?

Dunno, man. Mighty tempted to give Chan a run, or just buy 4 suits from the J Press shop in New Haven (my gf started grad school there this month) and call it a day until I can get ****** to Hong Kong.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Press suits are beyond awful these days. Stiff fusible in most, and even the highest line has canvassing only in the lapels, lots of padding. If you buy anything from New Haven tho, be sure to use your gf to get a 15% discount ( assuming she has a Yale id).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics