• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have a Brooks Brothers contact you trust?

lvrpl

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a Brooks Brothers employee that really knows their stuff to get some information from on a few of their different products. The guy I used at the Portland store has since left. Anyone have a Brooks employee you'd recommend that really knows their stuff? It seems that there is a wide variation in the level and accuracy of knowledge with many of these employees.

Thanks for any help.

IHaveNoNiceClothes

Reaction score
It seems that there is a wide variation in the level and accuracy of knowledge with many of these employees.

I was at a BB store just yesterday and the lady helping me kept trying to convince me to buy a blazer that didn't fit my shoulders properly. They peaked at the corners, and then you could clearly see the outline of my shoulders bulging out a few inches lower. My husband has had much much better luck with the men's ... in fact, our old one where we used to live was where he got his very first interview suits many years ago. We still miss that guy. So weird how that works out. Hope you find a good one!

Last edited:

lvrpl

Reaction score
I'd like to talk to someone about the quality of the Suiting Essentials. There's a lot of conflicting information on this forum (and everywhere else) about them. Many people think they're a low quality line. Others think they're comparable to the 1818 suits in the basic fabrics, with the only difference being that the Suiting Essentials are made outside of the U.S./Italy (so there might be a slight quality difference, but likely negligible).

This is all necessitated by the fact that, due to BB's recent change in suit fits, I can no longer get an 1818 to fit. The jacket on the new Regent fit in a 42R is great but the trousers just won't work. Just way too snug across the thighs, even after extensive alterations. It's pretty baffling because I'm a pretty averagely built guy - not sure who on earth trousers that snug fit other than super skinny folks.

RabidOrphan

Reaction score
I'd like to talk to someone about the quality of the Suiting Essentials. There's a lot of conflicting information on this forum (and everywhere else) about them. Many people think they're a low quality line. Others think they're comparable to the 1818 suits in the basic fabrics, with the only difference being that the Suiting Essentials are made outside of the U.S./Italy (so there might be a slight quality difference, but likely negligible).

This is all necessitated by the fact that, due to BB's recent change in suit fits, I can no longer get an 1818 to fit. The jacket on the new Regent fit in a 42R is great but the trousers just won't work. Just way too snug across the thighs, even after extensive alterations. It's pretty baffling because I'm a pretty averagely built guy - not sure who on earth trousers that snug fit other than super skinny folks.

The only person I trust at Portland's BB about these things is Stan, the tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads