• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Ivy League Graduates?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
NICE that means I win and my white guy dick is safe from embarassment for another day.

I do make it a point of banging Harvard girls to assert my masculine dominance though.

Chrispy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

Anyway, while Brown and Columbia are a better match in most respects, Brown's ideological rival is Princeton.

I thought Dartmouth Princeton was one of the traditional rivalries in the Ivies.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
My uncle carried a big knife on his belt to class (apparently this was cool then). He also wore lots of tie dye and listened to The Band and the Allman Brothers.

This is still not uncommon at some universities. I would be willing to say cow colleges across the South and probably the West as well.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Deacon
Full tuition at UMass Amherst or loans up the arse for the ivies?

That's the choice a relative is facing. He's currently interested in quantitative finance, applied math and computer science and realizes that UMass doesn't exactly fit the bill.

Opinions appreciated.
confused.gif

I wouldn't recommend any of the ivies for computer science undergrad, except for Cornell.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
I wouldn't recommend any of the ivies for computer science undergrad, except for Cornell.

thank you.
In your opinion, would Cornell be a better choice than CarNEGIE Mellon for Comp Sci and or math?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you.
In your opinion, would Cornell be a better choice than CarNEGIE Mellon for Comp Sci and or math?

Honestly I've heard CM is like a nerd fest for math that you'll only get at like Cal Tech and MIT.

You'll be living in Shittsburgh though. Then again, you're doing math so what the **** do you care.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly I've heard CM is like a nerd fest for math that you'll only get at like Cal Tech and MIT. You'll be living in Shittsburgh though. Then again, you're doing math so what the **** do you care.
laugh.gif
If one is majoring in a depressing subject such as math, it's only fitting that they live in a depressing city like Pittsburgh.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How so? What is your basis for comparison? From what I recall, you haven't been to a top world institution, so you really wouldn't know the level of education at Northwestern vs a great school. By the way, McGill doesn't count. Along with most Canadians, I am amply aware of the dirty little secret that it's a fairly second rate school with a reputation that's held over from the early 20th century. Another thing - music schools don't count either. About Swarthmore, how would you know? I didn't attend that school, nor did I attend Emory, but I have been to visit both and have several friends at each, and from everything I can see, they're extremely good schools. Again I ask, what is your basis for comparison? Frankly I don't think people can know what is overrated until they've actually been there, and have a reliable basis for comparison.
Oh my. And from a one word answer. And you've researched me. And edited your post for content and smarm. It gets better. LOL Dude, you made my day. Keep up the entertainment.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
How is LSE viewed in England?
With a measure of disdain from folks who couldn't hack it
smile.gif
Other than, many people consider it a very fine school. Imperial Manc Edinburgh LSE Have very fine reps outside of Oxbridge.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you.

I thought Brown had a kickass computer science program. My info is sort of dated now.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
I thought Brown had a kickass computer science program. My info is sort of dated now.

I think Cornell has us beat there. But frankly, I don't think it makes sense to pick a school at this level for the strength of a particular department unless the disparity is vast. First of all, almost all college students change majors at least once. Second, the prestige of the school will often trump the prestige of your major after graduation. Third, you won't (and shouldn't) spend most of your time taking classes in your major, anyway.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I do make it a point of banging Harvard girls to assert my masculine dominance though.
uhoh.gif

Don't even joke about it...the horror, the horror.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full tuition at UMass Amherst or loans up the arse for the ivies?

That's the choice a relative is facing. He's currently interested in quantitative finance, applied math and computer science and realizes that UMass doesn't exactly fit the bill.

Opinions appreciated.
confused.gif

Depends on the Ivy. I would take the hit for Yale, Harvard, Princeton, possibly Columbia. Not for Brown, Darty, Cornell, or Penn.

Also, doesn't Harvard do the free tuition thing now? Tell him to get into Harvard
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads