• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any interest in MTM casual jackets/field jackets?

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good evening, I have been receiving quite a bit of interest in casual jackets that would be very denim friendly. We are looking to offer deconstructed jackets (No lining, no padding, no canvas). The goal is to offer a nice assortment of quality cottons and cotton cashmere blends aimed at a price point of under $300. Examples of the cottons we currently offer in our mtm line can be found here: http://www.stevenaver.com/site/summer We could also offer them with any of the 170 fabrics I currently offer at a higher pricepoint, but I feel that for this type of jacket cotton may be the route to go. Jackets would be patch pocket style with an option for envelope flaps, and dual breast pockets with or without flaps. We can offer either horn or MOP buttons in 4 colors: http://www.stevenaver.com/site/buttons. Is there any interest in the streetwear community for such a product? Please share pics! Member "Mr.K" has provided some pics of styles that he likes which I have attached and pasted below: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching. The extra detail in the front darts and in the seams is rather busy for my liking and probably would not offer such an option. We are aiming for a cleaner look where the patch pockets would be the focus of the jacket. Your opinions? Is there any interest in the streetwear community for such a product? Please share pics! Thank you, - Steven

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have Money, Will Kop.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be very interested as well.

dinted voice

Reaction score
Even though I tend to stay on MC side, I would be very interested as well.

Edited: Would you possibly offer one breast pocket to give it a more unstructured blazer/jacket instead of a dual breast pocket field jacket?

How about hidden buttons on the cuff vs. visible? PG had a great jacket like this with the hidden buttons.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, you will be able to choose either single or dual breast pockets. In addition either single or dual vents. I am going to go ahead and put a sample into production and will keep everyone updated.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice

How about hidden buttons on the cuff vs. visible? PG had a great jacket like this with the hidden buttons.

I can look into offering this...

ingraman

Reaction score
Any chance of offering a peak lapel collar like this? That would guarantee a buy from me. Also, MTM is a great idea, since being a short guy I can never find a jacket short enough.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you might get a good response if you did this in a lined tweed/cord/melton/etc version for fall. I'm not terribly interested in a cotton version but I'd definitely be up for one of those. I'd certainly be willing to go higher than that price for it too, if the details were right.

Most wools would require at least a sleeve lining though.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
potentially but you shouldn't just straight rip off EG/WWM designs (thx)
would want it in a heavy wool too, for winter.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
potentially but you shouldn't just straight rip off EG/WWM designs (thx)
Also this. Their designs are pretty conventional without the details, though, so this shouldn't be too difficult to avoid. I'd like to see something reminiscent of the Barbera/Cucinelli field jackets I've always loved but could never afford. But for the love of God no point collars.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharpro78