• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My general feel on fit, for Meccariello's lasts, are as follows.

For reference, I am a UK 8.5 normal width in most lasts. I also have very "easy feet", the most dangerous feet to have for a shoe lover.
Average width, average - ish instep, average length, average anything, no particular peculiarities. With very few lasts that "do not fit".

Least generous
- Hawksbill and Soft Square
- almost certainly requires you to go up a half size.
- the hawksbill in particular, being a banana shaped and shorter last.

Middle ground
- Chisel 1 and Chisel 2
- these 2 fit the same, and for those who have wider feet, you might still want to go up a half size.

Most generous
- Round last
- longer than the hawksbill, and wider overall. For average to narrow-ish feet, your normal size might work.
- fits probably a quarter size more generous than the chisel 1 and 2.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I snagged the 8.5uk willow grain full strap loafers from the AM's website. The willow grain effect is more subtle than I expected. The shoes appear narrow and the waist...Ooh la la! The loafers are stunning but unfortunately they don't fit me.

I used Antonio's measurement guide. At first I was skeptical since the guide suggests that I should try 8.5uk and the lowest I go with is 9uk for loafers. However, the 8.5uk loafers are actually very similar in measurement and volume to a different pair that I own in my usual size. The problem I encountered with the AM loafer is that the full strap is too tight for my foot to get in since it's too high. I'm willing to bet that if the full strap was lower on these loafers I'd get a perfect fit. I just don't think this model works for me. I'll be posting these for sale soon.
DSC_1997.JPG

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all you gentlemen who took part in the Hastatus GMTO, the shoes are in the final coloring / finishing stages, but won't be finished in time before the workshop closure for the month of August.
The estimated delivery will be for the earlier part of September.
Thank you for your patience and participation.
I will post some pictures as soon as I get them, hopefully sometime late this week.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
That boot will be a stock item. So no need for a GMTO. It will likely satisfy numerous a boot fetishist. I'll be getting one for myself.

ktown

Reaction score
I'm following the measurement guide and I have the following:

A 25.2
B 24
C 24.5

Following all the instructions, I land at 6.5UK in E width. That sounds very small for me. I wear 7UK in all my shoes and 41 in Vass U. I emailed Erik Ged from The Sabot and he recommended sizing up to 7.5UK for a couple of different lasts. I think I'm going to take his advice and get a pair from him since they can at least be returned. Any other guidance?

Also, how is the instep of the soft square last compared to the very high instep of Vass U?

nkapped

Reaction score
I'm following the measurement guide and I have the following:

A 25.2
B 24
C 24.5

Following all the instructions, I land at 6.5UK in E width. That sounds very small for me. I wear 7UK in all my shoes and 41 in Vass U. I emailed Erik Ged from The Sabot and he recommended sizing up to 7.5UK for a couple of different lasts. I think I'm going to take his advice and get a pair from him since they can at least be returned. Any other guidance?

Also, how is the instep of the soft square last compared to the very high instep of Vass U?

I have this issue as well. I would strongly suggest you speak to someone who is familiar with the brand and the last you have in mind because self-measuring and taking a stab in the dark doesn't sound sensible to me.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That boot is pretty hot.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are currently closed for the month of August so orders will (hopefully) be shipped out in early to mid Sept.
Don't worry @clee1982, I remember your request and emailed Antonio a reminder a few days ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads