• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Hi speed Ferrari Fatality in SoCal. Tap Out founder killed

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UserName84
The speed limit right there is 50mph going downhill and is in a very rich area. I'm suprised this doesnt happen more often.

Seriously. If not with Ferrarris, then at least with rice rockets driven by UC Irvine students.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UserName84
The speed limit right there is 50mph going downhill and is in a very rich area. I'm suprised this doesnt happen more often.

Not only downhill but at a very steep grade. I heard about this crash at a bar in Newport the night it happened but didn't know that it was on Jamboree.

CodeRed

Reaction score
The P car driver has been charged with manslaughter as his car apparently knocked the ferrari off the road, he must have lifted off the gas thru a turn as they were driving side by side...he blew a .13 and .08 is DUI.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
You could just as easily and similarly kill yourself driving a Prius as a Ferrari, except that a Prius doesn't make you feel like you have to prove your manhood to everyone.

Most of my attempted stoplight challenges in the Z4MC are from male Prius and minivan owners; they strike me as wanting to prove they didn't leave their testicles at the dealership. I tend to give them my "you're kidding, right?" look and continue driving normally. The worst are those on Lake Shore Drive that try to keep up through the S-curve near Oak St. Beach, and wind up having to cross two lanes of traffic to avoid flipping or spinning.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
I've never heard of him, and wouldn't recognize him if he was in a room with me for 12 hours.

Well, if you've never heard of him, then he must not be famous!!!

rolleyes.gif

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I'm only questioning why a 2004 Ferrari was racing a 1977 Porsche. Unless the Porsche had been modified, why would this even be a race?

well, only one of them finished and it wasn't the Ferrari . . .

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Because the guy who died is pretty famous?
Pretty famous would mean that any person, based on what this guy did as a career, that is 18-35 should have at least heard of before...Your average person has no clue who this guy was. He wasn't famous, sorry.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty famous would mean that any person, based on what this guy did as a career, that is 18-35 should have at least heard of before...Your average person has no clue who this guy was. He wasn't famous, sorry.

ok, if you say so.

rolleyes.gif
again

If you ask the average American that is 18-35 who Martin Brodeur is, they probably wouldn't know. I guess he's not famous either.

The fact is, when the creator of a multi million dollar clothing company who is very well known in the sport that he is part of dies, it is newsworthy. End of story.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
ok, if you say so.

rolleyes.gif
again

If you ask the average American that is 18-35 who Martin Brodeur is, they probably wouldn't know. I guess he's not famous either.

The fact is, when the creator of a multi million dollar clothing company who is very well known in the sport that he is part of dies, it is newsworthy. End of story.

I don't see how it's any more news worthy than a lady in Oklahoma that nobody has heard of dies in a car accident in her Buick. It's only news worthy in the sense of ratings, his life is no more valuable than yours or mine.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see how it's any more news worthy than a lady in Oklahoma that nobody has heard of dies in a car accident in her Buick. It's only news worthy in the sense of ratings, his life is no more valuable than yours or mine.

Exactly. Obviously his life is no more valuable than yours or mine, just more people would read about the fact that he died as opposed to you or me.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

When you check out in half of a Ferrari that you were racing, drunk, down a public road in LA, it tends to make the news.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe famous in certain circles, but not "Famous". Keep in mind that I'm an American living overseas, so I do keep up with American culture, and while I have heard of Tap Out (only a bit), I have no clue who this guy is.

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads