• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Hi speed Ferrari Fatality in SoCal. Tap Out founder killed

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Yes, but we have threads here every time somebody crashes a Ferrari. People crash high performance cars all the time. Why is this news?

Because the guy who died is pretty famous?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
The driver of the Porsche, Jeffrey Kirby, 51, was taken into custody after officers spotted the vehicle moments later.

He and a female passenger were reportedly walking away from the car at the time.

PSA: When fleeing the scene of a crime, it's not a wise idea to stop off for a coffee 5 blocks down the road.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Why is this worthy of a thread? It's a car crash. They happen all the time. And it's not even an Enzo or something, just a five year old Ferrari 360. Might as well post every time someone crashes a Honda.
I posted because it's local news for me, I work in the garment industry and it was a shock to hear of someone you know going out this way. I'll post another M3 v RS4 thread next time!

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hours after the crash, the front portion of the luxury Italian sports car could be seen resting against a hillside several feet away with its lights still functioning.
Now that's quality!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Because the guy who died is pretty famous?

I've never heard of him, and wouldn't recognize him if he was in a room with me for 12 hours.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picture of the guy driving the Porsche:

kirbybookingphotolrg.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that looks like a douchebag at my gym who was always roidraging. He will likely serve prison time. good. the pics are more dramatic than I imagined. miracle that the passenger even survived.
8b91d7a856crash.jpg

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I'm only questioning why a 2004 Ferrari was racing a 1977 Porsche. Unless the Porsche had been modified, why would this even be a race?

I was wondering as well. Even if the car was a 930 rather than 911. And leaving the scene? The guy's 51, not an 8 year-old that hit a baseball through a window...
eh.gif

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Street races aren't about racing, but more about comparing one's imaginary endowment. You could just as easily and similarly kill yourself driving a Prius as a Ferrari, except that a Prius doesn't make you feel like you have to prove your manhood to everyone.

--Andre

UserName84

Reaction score
The speed limit right there is 50mph going downhill and is in a very rich area. I'm suprised this doesnt happen more often.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He should have gone with a Kimura lock instead.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
except that a Prius doesn't make you feel like you have to prove your manhood to everyone.

--Andre

The castration that comes with driving a Prius is automatic?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Street races aren't about racing, but more about comparing one's imaginary endowment. You could just as easily and similarly kill yourself driving a Prius as a Ferrari, except that a Prius doesn't make you feel like you have to prove your manhood to everyone.

--Andre

Some guys seem to get a thrill out of challenging someone in a sports car, even if they are not driving a fast car. I've seen gray-haired guys as well as the young revving furiously at stop lights in hopes of inciting a race upon the light turning green. Racing on public streets at any time of day or night is selfish, foolish, and extremely dangerous. Inexcusable behavior.

Aperipan

Reaction score
How I see it, he ascended heaven in a Ferrari. Not a bad way to die at all. I'm jealous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads