• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambrosi Napoli

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also think there are a lot of people who come into this thread to **** it up or to revel in gossip (Journeyman, Jensen, and others). They'll say things like they'll never buy from such a dishonest person, but they were never going to buy bespoke trousers in the first place -- so that kind of comment just adds to this sort of crazy, negative, pile-on that happens in this thread.

For what it's worth, I do order bespoke trousers, but I don't order them from eccentric Italians.

I don't think that it's necessary to have ordered, or to intend to order, a pair of trousers from Signore Ambrosi in order to discuss his trousers and his customer-relations issues. If that were the case, then we wouldn't have much discussion occurring anywhere on Styleforum.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

For what it's worth, I do order bespoke trousers, but I don't order them from eccentric Italians.

I have to run out the door, but just wanted to quickly respond:

My issue with you is less about whether you order bespoke trousers. It's more about how you seem to get a kick out of using internet forums for little more than **** talking and gossiping. You've gone in the ToJ thread to do little else but stir ****; you've gathered old gossip to throw around in other threads; you grab images from StyleForum's WAYWT threads and post them on other forums to talk **** about people; you comment on other members' personal finances on here and other forums; and you've randomly messaged me to ask whether I think certain people on this forum are unfit to write articles for StyleForum. Your whole existence here is little more than to contribute gossip and **** talking in this super FNB way. It's all behind people's back -- never addressing them directly.

Then you got incredulous when Manton deleted your FNB-esque **** talking against Foo in another thread, which is amazing because elsewhere you talk about how FNB liked to stalk RJ and Manton. You act just like FNB though.

Last edited:

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
uhoh.gif

Last edited:

JensenH

Reaction score

I don't mean for it to come off that way. My point is: a lot of stuff is pretty normal when you're working with a small tailoring company. Emails sometimes don't get answered; delays sometimes happen. Unless you've experienced this first hand with other companies, you might hear these stories and think Ambrosi's a crook.

This isn't to excuse the problems in the past. I think he really did have some production issues. But that laundry machine guy above also isn't the only person who has only told half a story. Some people who have complained also didn't get their trousers because they hadn't finished paying for old orders. Others didn't get remakes because they didn't want to send their old trousers back, and Ambrosi didn't want to let them have two sets of trousers (when they only paid for one set).

I also think there are a lot of people who come into this thread to **** it up or to revel in gossip (Journeyman, Jensen, and others). They'll say things like they'll never buy from such a dishonest person, but they were never going to buy bespoke trousers in the first place -- so that kind of comment just adds to this sort of crazy, negative, pile-on that happens in this thread. It makes it difficult for anyone to say anything good about him because they don't want to get involved in this thread. It also makes it impossible for this thread to move on. The guy has had three or four years behind him since that initial delivery fiasco -- which means thousands of fulfilled orders. But nobody can focus on that because of the people who come into this thread to cause drama.
There's nothing really else to them. If you don't like what you see, then you don't like them. If you like that style, however, and you're not able to go to Naples to try other makers, then Ambrosi is the only source. I happen to like the style, but if you don't, that's OK. His work is probably the easiest to see of any bespoke trouser maker. Just do a Google Images search of Ambrosi. He (Salvatore) himself doesn't wear a style that's indicative of his own work, but that's because he doesn't have time to make things for himself. If you look at The Armoury guys, they're a good representative of what you'd get if you order. But again, if you don't like them, that's OK.

I had bespoke suits and sport coat made in the past, so it is very presumptuous for you to assert that I would never buy bespoke trousers in the first place. I am just fortunate to have a physique that many OTR items fit me to a T (except for sleeve lengths).

BTW, congratulations on writing such fine PR posts. I hope you will be duly compensated by Ambrosi for that and for organizing his upcoming trunk show. You fully deserve it.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had bespoke suits and sport coat made in the past, so it is very presumptuous for you to assert that I would never buy bespoke trousers in the first place. I am just fortunate to have a physique that many OTR items fit me to a T (except for sleeve lengths).

BTW, congratulations on writing such fine PR posts. I hope you will be duly compensated by Ambrosi for that and for organizing his upcoming trunk show. You fully deserve it.
Pardon me, but if you have OTR that fit you perfectly, why did you go bespoke? Seems like a waste of money.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pardon me, but if you have OTR that fit you perfectly, why did you go bespoke? Seems like a waste of money.

People don't always have bespoke clothes made because of fit.

Often it's because they can have clothing made with particular features, or from particular fabric, that they can't find in off-the-rack clothing.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sadly, they no longer fit and I had donated them. If you want to see vicuna jackets, I did buy 2 OTR ones as replacement and I can post pictures of those.

You donated a vicuña jacket? Good man. No worries on the pics...not doubting you.

JensenH

Reaction score
Every few years, I clean out my closet and drop off an arm-load of suits and sport coats to either Goodwill or Salvation Army. I know I can sell them on Ebay or here on Styfo, but I just don't have the time and inclination to do so.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics