• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterellington

Reaction score

Boots and holiday pants. A Merry Christmas indeed!

On the bandwagon here too—those pants are amazing. I'm gonna have to dig out the vintage Polo tweed stuff once the weather here in NYC allows for it.

Sixty-plus degrees today in town.

#willineverwearmywinterwoolens

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a good holiday. Wanted to vent a little after some "fun" on 12/24. So the shoebank thing pretty much sucks - everything is basically unchanged, the bourbon stuff is mostly more than it was before the holiday, and the black Friday stuff was reduced to the same as black Friday. Ok...

But the sale on the 1sts is pretty damn good. There's a few real steals in there, along with some others that aren't bad. Last time I had such a bad experience at the retail store I haven't been back since September. I figured what the hell, I gave them a call asking for 2 to be ordered. I got an employee I knew, he knew me, not an AM, not the SM. Gave me the same bullshit lecture as last time - I don't know if I can get them, etc. you should be lucky to pay full retail with a size like 7D, it's hard to find. If I were you I wouldn't even look at closeouts, etc. I felt like Neo in that interrogation scene. How about if I give you the finger...I picked up the phone, called Ben, he got them, no fuss, done. Unbelievable. Ben's the man. They're no longer available by the way - good I didn't wait or fool around with the retail store any more.

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a good holiday. Wanted to vent a little after some "fun" on 12/24. So the shoebank thing pretty much sucks - everything is basically unchanged, the bourbon stuff is mostly more than it was before the holiday, and the black Friday stuff was reduced to the same as black Friday. Ok...

But the sale on the 1sts is pretty damn good. There's a few real steals in there, along with some others that aren't bad. Last time I had such a bad experience at the retail store I haven't been back since September. I figured what the hell, I gave them a call asking for 2 to be ordered. I got an employee I knew, he knew me, not an AM, not the SM. Gave me the same bullshit lecture as last time - I don't know if I can get them, etc. you should be lucky to pay full retail with a size like 7D, it's hard to find. If I were you I wouldn't even look at closeouts, etc. I felt like Neo in that interrogation scene. How about if I give you the finger...I picked up the phone, called Ben, he got them, no fuss, done. Unbelievable. Ben's the man. They're no longer available by the way - good I didn't wait or fool around with the retail store any more.

Maybe I missed it in your post, but what was it that you bought?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the last Strand Duffle Bag last week, and it is a thing of beauty. It was difficult to justify the price (even at a pretty steep discount), but it should get some good use for many years and my wife seems to like it too.

I had bought the Strand Double Flap Briefcase for my brother for Christmas, but before I shipped it to him I talked to him about it and it turns out he wouldn't have much use for it (commutes to a tech job in California on his bike). So now I'm sitting here with a gorgeous briefcase that matches my new duffle bag, but I already own a Saddleback brown messenger briefcase that should last forever. I just can't seem to bear the thought of parting with the Strand briefcase either!

Decisions, decisions.

Mark_Y

Reaction score

Any idea how long this winter clearance sale will last?

Winter Clearance Event ends 2/14/16. Clearance not available in all stores. Entire assortment available online. Quantities and sizes are limited. Savings vary by style. While supplies last. Only valid at Allen Edmonds Retail Stores and AllenEdmonds.com. Not valid at Allen Edmonds Outlet Stores. Not valid on previous purchases.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My boots have seen heavy wear lately, despite the warm weather. Pulled a few out to brush, wipe, condition, dress the edges, polish, brush, and brush some more. The Shakers held up well after a long hike, lots of play in sand, rocks while on the playground and around a bunch of excited dogs...but certainly needed some tlc. I've had them for 1-2 years and this is the first time they have seen any polish at all. Went with "old" chili this time; next time they'll get hit with Bob's.
(Please forgive the unmade bed. It's been a slow morning.)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ 1 for chili shakers!

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I am definitely jumping on the Clark Streets as well.

In an attempt to stop myself from spending 1K on shoes today, can someone answer a couple of shoe bank questions for me:

1) Is the shoe bank currently marked down for Black Friday/cyber Monday as well, or are they normal pricing?

2) When you see a particular shoe priced below similar shoes in the shoe bank (same shoe but different color or sole), does that reflect a more serious defect, discontinuation of that model? What gives rise to the additional price reduction? Thanks.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long Branches with grey corduroy on this overcast day.

Edit: photo is not uploading

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads