• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8ter

Reaction score

Thank you all for your input. The Swims look great @ReppTiePrepster. I will settle for the Tingley overshoes for now, which doesn't look bad at all and are currently $30 on Amazon. I wish I have asked for advise before this horrible winter!
cold%5B1%5D.gif

Since we are on the topic here are the tingleys in action this morning with my walnut strands.

gsasso

Reaction score
Decided to roll the dice and order a pair of shell Leeds from the Shoebank in a 9.5C. I'm a 9.5D in the 5 last, hope they fit (although I'm expecting they will not).

That's mostly just a defense mechanism so I don't get too excited then disappointed.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to my McAllisters, they are calf and they have been recrafted once - about 3 years ago.

Chris
haha, i saw the picture via a small mobile screen, which showed the shoes with rolls rather than creases. after enlarging the picture up a bit, I can defintely see that the shoes are calf. either way, looks great.

mikealvaa

Reaction score
found a pair of snuff suede neumoks for $150. No idea on whether theyre first or second quality. how would I know? & should I pull the trigger?

not the actual photo btw

Last edited:

mrfixit

Reaction score
found a pair of snuff suede neumoks for $150. No idea on whether theyre first or second quality. how would I know? & should I pull the trigger?

not the actual photo btw
if you like them, buy them. i have the same pair and i'm a big fan.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not the actual photo btw

if you like them, buy them. i have the same pair and i'm a big fan.

Agreed, doesn't matter if they are first or seconds if you like them. The price is right though. I actually always wanted a pair of those snuff Neumoks myself.

Seconds are normally stamped with this marker if you want to look on the sole by the heel stack.

CMT1

Reaction score

@CMT1
 Great pictures!  Glad you had a good time.  There is always someone in a group that over does it.

Super jealous - brings back some fun memories!

Thanks guys! It was great fun but also a learning experience. Next time I suspect my wife's friend will approach things a bit less aggressively.

Welcome to Nawlins CMTI

Oh and take it easy on the hand grenades sugar×8 shots of liquor could have a detrimental impact on your shoes.

Those things were insane. I finished one and made myself wait a half hour before picking up another drink. For the amount of alcohol that is in one, you sure couldn't taste it. Not only that, but they were everywhere and I cannot imagine how many of them get sold on any given night.

As far shoes went, the rubber-soled Provos were great for combat-party duty. They were a bit roughed up after the weekend, but everything polished out nicely with some light buffing.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the newest member of my family: burgundy shell bradley 2nds. I got on the waiting list for these back in September during the $325 shell outlet sale, and now they've arrived to my doorstep.

Overall they are absolutely great! Virtually flawless. The only issue I can see is that one piece of shell on the right shoe is quite dry. Nothing some conditioning and TLC can't fix.

I know I'm the guy who says he prefers the mocc stitching on Alden's NST, but for half the price, I'm quite satisfied with this model.

Overall, very pleased with this purchased.

(Dry shell on the right side below. What are we recommending for conditioner? Lexol? Bick4? VSC? Saphir cordo cream?)

CMT1

Reaction score

Here's the newest member of my family: burgundy shell bradley 2nds. I got on the waiting list for these back in September during the $325 shell outlet sale, and now they've arrived to my doorstep.
Overall they are absolutely great! Virtually flawless. The only issue I can see is that one piece of shell on the right shoe is quite dry. Nothing some conditioning and TLC can't fix.

I know I'm the guy who says he prefers the mocc stitching on Alden's NST, but for half the price, I'm quite satisfied with this model.

(Dry shell on the right side below. What are we recommending for conditioner? Lexol? Bick4? VSC? Saphir cordo cream?)

Gorgeous shoes, congrats man! I have only ever used VSC myself, but I do have an unopened container of the Saphir Cordovan Cream waiting to be tried. My Cambridge immediately after a light coat of VSC:

Since then, all they've required is good brushing to bring up a great burgundy glow.

tb43

Reaction score
Quick question that I'm sure has been asked before.

8.5e in strand..what size would you try in the dalton?
Thanks

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@peppercorn78 I used Lexol on my dry bayfields shell and did a nice job...they need a second coat and I am going to try Bick 4 this time

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hate the website pics of the Bradley but really like it when I see real life pics. May have to grab a pair eventually.

As for conditioning I have really liked Saphir Cordovan cream in neutral, using sparingly but really working it into the leather applying by hand. For quick touch ups, if required between conditioning, I like to use VSC.

Quick question that I'm sure has been asked before.

8.5e in strand..what size would you try in the dalton?
Thanks

I would try a 9E, I find the Dalton kind of narrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads