• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Lol. I was wondering if someone would ask this question. Krewe du Vieux (the parade I marched in) doesn't have floats that you ride on - they're pulled by mules and instead of riding on them you walk the (three- or four-mile) route behind them. As for what I wore, I wanted to wear black boots with my costume, and none of my AE boots are black. I was very tempted to wear my black shell tankers (Alden) instead. But, in the end, I chickened out, and wore my old motorcycle boots (Wolverine, Chinese-made but at least Goodyear-welted).

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LEgoiste congrats..such a comfy chukka...can not wait to put the Long Branches, Bayfields, and a few others to sleep for the spring and start wearing these a lot more.

Chukkas are nice, but these bad boys + some HDLP have kept me nice and dry in these past few slushy weeks.

rostov

Reaction score
I had been considering the San Marco for a while after finally seeing it in person at NR in some huge size - but didn't realize it was on the 222. F-that. That last is brutal. Did you ever try the Presidio? That one takes the award....

(cc @7_rocket ) - the popular wisdom seems to be to go a width wider in the 222 last. For myself, as a 3E, I went a half-length longer. On a cap-toe like the Eagle county, I get creasing on the cap, but it's incredibly comfortable.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For me same size as the 65-last.  But most people on this board tend to say 0.5 size up, so maybe i'm the exception.

I did the same size for the Daltons as my 65 last AE's also.

Chris

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(cc @7_rocket
) - the popular wisdom seems to be to go a width wider in the 222 last. For myself, as a 3E, I went a half-length longer. On a cap-toe like the Eagle county, I get creasing on the cap, but it's incredibly comfortable.

You're probably right. I got the brooks brother version at a great price. My left foot is fine but its my right pinky toe that was hurting around when it was time to go home. I'm sure it will stretch out if i keep wearing it weekly (I hope)

RichieP

Reaction score

I can't help but be a broken record on this - you should take a look at the Italian collection too. The Firenze, Positano/Brindisi, Verona, they are definitely worth considering. There are much better options than the Cavanaugh....
You know, I have to pick this next pair very carefully. Like many on here, my wife has started asking the dreaded question, "how many more shoes are you going to buy?" when I went to look at the Gobi last weekend. This is only after 4 pairs. I haven't yet told her I've got a $200 GC burning a hole in my pocket from the $50 off Amex deal in December. :happy:
Up for a Nordstrom pricematch? Don't say I'm not looking out for you -
Yeah buddy! You may be pushing me over the edge! I'd been leaning towards the golden Rush Streets. If I could do that for firsts vs. $220 seconds sale price, that would be sweet.

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's the newest member of my family: burgundy shell bradley 2nds. I got on the waiting list for these back in September during the $325 shell outlet sale, and now they've arrived to my doorstep.

Overall they are absolutely great! Virtually flawless. The only issue I can see is that one piece of shell on the right shoe is quite dry. Nothing some conditioning and TLC can't fix.

I know I'm the guy who says he prefers the mocc stitching on Alden's NST, but for half the price, I'm quite satisfied with this model.

Overall, very pleased with this purchased.

(Dry shell on the right side below. What are we recommending for conditioner? Lexol? Bick4? VSC? Saphir cordo cream?)

It's taking every bit of my will power to resist buying the 2nds shell Bradleys! You just made it much more difficult. Quick somebody buy those before I lose all control!

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I have to pick this next pair very carefully. Like many on here, my wife has started asking the dreaded question, "how many more shoes are you going to buy?" when I went to look at the Gobi last weekend. This is only after 4 pairs. I haven't yet told her I've got a $200 GC burning a hole in my pocket from the $50 off Amex deal in December.
happy.gif

Yeah buddy! You may be pushing me over the edge! I'd been leaning towards the golden Rush Streets. If I could do that for firsts vs. $220 seconds sale price, that would be sweet.

Let me rationalize this a little more for you - like I mentioned earlier, unless you're in the market for the BB models, I don't think the seconds sale is too impressive. Take the Rush Street - they are already discontinuing the blue and green, which leaves just the one color. They will either introduce new colors later this year or discontinue the line entirely. Either way, the price of the second goes way down. But what will happen to the first? Do you really think it will drop below $200? Highly unlikely - so I think it's a pretty safe bet.

Yeah that Amex thing - I knew there was a reason why I had 3 separate Amex cards....:) Unfortunately I only did the deal twice. Purchasing four pairs at the same time as my Surface Pro 3 i7 was a big hit all at once.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
Let me rationalize it for you. Tell your wife she is right, and you're moving on to collecting fancy shotguns. Won't take her long to appreciate the shoes, when she sees those price tags.

cbtaylor

Reaction score
Quote:
Can you, or someone else post pics of the San Marco? They are available for $97 from shoe bank, and want to get them but unsure. Is a casual PTB an essential shoe in you guys minds?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Can you, or someone else post pics of the San Marco? They are available for $97 from shoe bank, and want to get them but unsure. Is a casual PTB an essential shoe in you guys minds?
Here you go. Background messy, but thats my coworkers for you.
lighting sucks in my work space, the color isn't as dark in person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads