• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentyman

Reaction score
Great job at updating the table, you may need to start adding another column for navy and green soon
smile.gif

And Natural and Dark Dark Brown! ;)

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make new numbers for these since they're similar to MTOs, but we'll see.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Beautiful. Are these Cappuccino/Truffle McAllisters or Jeffersons? I can't see the top of the shoe to determine myself. Still trying to figure out if such a Jefferson exists for the table below.

I think Mdubs has a cappuccino Jefferson, he should be able to add the code for the table.

I checked my Truffle McAllisters the other day and they match what is there

I did mine as a MTO and not the Webgem. Correspondingly, according to my invoice, the model number listed is 7605. Unfortunately, I am not at home and none of the pics that I have on my phone show the inside of the shoe, so I sadly can not confirm that is the number printed in the shoe.

-Mike

RichieP

Reaction score
@RichieP i'm on the border between tree sizes too, and have some M and some S. i use the S for my shaker heights because it's a bit easier, but find that the same size trees can work for boots and shoes; it's just that boots require a bit more care in inserting the trees... at least, i haven't found any trick beyond that. if anyone has, i'm eager to hear it!

Thanks @stro

Much to my surprise, 3 medium shoe trees showed up from Jos A Bank today. Ordered them on Sunday during the 66% off sale, and they said backordered until late November! A couple of local shops stepped up and mailed these, so I am quite appreciative. These should fit the Bleeker Streets better.

And now for a math problem: I have 4 pairs of AE's and now 5 correct size shoe trees (plus 2 large ones, one of which appears to fit my Black Hills fine). How many additional pairs of AE shoes should I buy?
teacha.gif

P.S. Good luck to KC tonight!

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the oxblood postcard... shows a dalton, strand, and a few others..other half is bobs chili....def a little annoyed I could not order this during the sale for the bleeker in it. Clearly it was ready to roll out

Seems bobs chili is reached by using dyes while the oxblood is attained by Burnishing cherry calf leather....

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received the oxblood postcard... shows a dalton, strand, and a few others..other half is bobs chili....def a little annoyed I could not order this during the sale for the bleeker in it. Clearly it was ready to roll out

Seems bobs chili is reached by using dyes while the oxblood is attained by Burnishing cherry calf leather....

They were clearly holding back this color and a number of new styles until after the sale was over.

Pretty color, but it looks a little on the purplish, #8 side. I though oxblood was supposed to be quite a bit darker and muddier.

Olifter

Reaction score

I have always been required to prepay mto items upon order.  
Probably a good thing for me.

But recent Gmto orders here at SF have been billed when the shoes ship, so it could go either way...

SF affiliation may add a modicum of trust, hence the generous bill-when-shipping policy.

Same here. I wanted to get a pair of brown shell PAs during the RDA sale. Local store did not have any shell, so I had to order them, have them made. They told me it will take about six weeks. They charged my CC and it already hit the account. I figure it doesn't matter, as I expect I'll be able to return them if there is a problem.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stopped by my local store to get some laces size some Gridirons I got for a song from Macy's had different ones. Saw they had out some Oxblood.

Next to Merlot

Rob1547

Reaction score
I have a similar concern in taking care of my Rutledges. I don't want to ruin them but do want to take care of them properly.

I've got a pair of walnut Rutledge's on the way and share your concern. I've been searching this thread but I'm curious... did you find a solution that works for you to keep yours shined while maintaining the burnish? Are you able to share photos? Appreciated.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got a pair of walnut Rutledge's on the way and share your concern. I've been searching this thread but I'm curious... did you find a solution that works for you to keep yours shined while maintaining the burnish?  Are you able to share photos?  Appreciated.

Whatever you do, don't use Saphir Renovateur. That'll strip the burnishing right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics