• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd13jd13

Reaction score
Look at what it says here.
Access to this extranet is limited to authorized wholesalers and suppliers of Allen-Edmonds Shoe Corporation. You are agreeing to treat all information on this extranet as confidential and further agree not to disclose any information from this extranet to any third parties.
Looks like someone screwed up
1f61d.png

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmmm just got crushed as the AE can not do the Franciscan Cap toe on the Mora 2.0.... Now the question is do I order the Mora 2 in bourbon and be happy or MTO a Franciscan in Bourbon.....or Burg Cordovan.....ugh

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 for $375s have arrived!

First, Winter Park in walnut grain:

No discernable flaws. Comfortable as hell - no break-in should be required. The orthotics and Vibram sole almost dissuaded me from buying them, but I can easily see these becoming my go-to walking shoe as well as being a great travel shoe. Definite keepers.

Next, the Park Avenue in walnut grain:

Unique shoe. The simplicity of the bal captoe with no brogueing/perfing is a great contrast to the casualness of the walnut grain. Interestingly, the box lists the "first" price as $227 - that seems incredibly low to me.

Now for the bad news . . . no question that these are seconds:

Fortunately, that is the part of the shoe that people (myself included) are least likely to ever see. Nevertheless, I'm undecided about keeping them. I'll put them on the rack and leave them there for a while while I contemplate.

Finally, McTavish in grey:

You'll notice that one of these shoes is significantly darker than the other. This is because I ordered a new pair as a potential replacement for my old pair, on which I conducted what I now consider to be a failed experiment with Venetian Shoe Cream. So, the light is the replacement . . .

. . . And since I figure some might prefer the look of the dark pair, it's now for sale. 9.5 Es, in excellent condition - seconds but no discernable flaws, and worn fewer than 10 times. More pics are available upon request. $125 plus CONUS shipping makes them yours. PM if interested.

cadmonkey

Reaction score
That was quick!
Question on the mctavish since I was considering them except in brown distressed. How do you thinking darkening the ones in brown would look? Would be shooting for a shade or two darker and to make the finish more even/less splotchy.
edit : looks like you might have been trying this with your first pair?

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was quick!
Question on the mctavish since I was considering them except in brown distressed. I realize yours are gray, but do you think some combination of conditioner and polish would darken them up a shade or two and make the finish more even?
edit : looks like you might have been trying this with your first pair?

Well, I wasn't trying to darken them - I have one of those jerrycans of VSC and went through a phase where I was trying it on a bunch of different pairs. As for your question, I would not be the right person to answer that, but I'm sure others here could chime in. The one thing I do know at this point is that the AE Rough collection leather is a different beast than dress calf, CXL, shell, and the other leathers I'm used to, and until I figure out more, I'm going to stick with the AE-recommended care regime (as published on their website).

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
There are plenty of shoes on that website that weren't on the list that was emailed.

Well I spent enough money so I will hold back on placing another order, but I wonder if all those closeouts on the website are in fact available.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of shoes on that website that weren't on the list that was emailed.

Well I spent enough money so I will hold back on placing another order, but I wonder if all those closeouts on the website are in fact available.

I was just able to get through to the SB about one of the ones I'd never seen before. Predictably, they are even ass-over-teakettle busier than they were a few hours ago. If the unicorn I'm seeking does in fact exist, I will post an update.

BillyMcGee

Reaction score

Same here, some of the shoes that were not on my list are on this. It's probably what was available several days ago before we started ordering.

Xandion

Reaction score
The website is not accurate but a good guide. I placed an order yesterday when the long branches weren't on my list. Got an email from the shoebank with the link and it had the long branches, so I called first thing this morning to get them and they told me they weren't in stock in my size.

Oh well saved me some money I guess. Still nice to see a picture with the name.

colonelk2

Reaction score
Allright guys, I'm planning on buying two for 250 Allen Edmonds boots- and I'm torn between these three.
I'm a college student, will the fifth street be too formal?

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Allright guys, I'm planning on buying two for 250 Allen Edmonds boots- and I'm torn between these three.
I'm a college student, will the fifth street be too formal?
Which three??

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads