• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting order you are contemplating..... couple of questions for you
- do you have a pic of the "natural"?
- I have a pair of the Strand in walnut. Is this the standard leather insert you would swap for?
- any idea on the price for a custom order?

These Rush Streets are in my cart at the moment. Really thinking about these...

The natural is in chromexcel and can be found on the new Clark Street model.
Yes I am talking about the standard Strand leather insole.
Pricing for a custom MTO should be the same as retail through Allison, though I have yet to use this service available for SF members.

Natural CXL (I really like the Rush Street as well to be honest)

Golden Brown CXL

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those Clark Street use a Red Dainite!! That is awesome because this was not available a few months ago. I had an MTO in mind that I wanted a red sole. Emailing Allison now...

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this will be the farewell shot of the St. George Jodhpur boots.
I REALLY wish Allison was able to do an MTO.
Unfortunately, that idea got shut down (retired patterns).
I may have to find an alternate brand that can/will do an MTO in Color 8.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those Clark Street use a Red Dainite!! That is awesome because this was not available a few months ago. I had an MTO in mind that I wanted a red sole. Emailing Allison now...

These new materials have me rethinking my MTO all over again!

Nakedsnake

Reaction score

Thanks! About the same length? 11.5D in Long Branch = 11.5E in MacNeil? Plotting my next MTO.

I wear a 12d, pretty tts. 12d dalton (a touch snug) 12d long branch too (perfect). And I bought 12D Clifton's and they were WAY too tight. Sent them back. Would have tried 12E or 12EE likely. Heel was ok, tight in the forefoot/balls of my feet. Length was comparable in my experience, and in the 1 last at 12D my foot is near the end of the shoe. Hopefully this helps some.

LeviMay

Reaction score

I wear a 12d, pretty tts. 12d dalton (a touch snug) 12d long branch too (perfect). And I bought 12D Clifton's and they were WAY too tight. Sent them back. Would have tried 12E or 12EE likely. Heel was ok, tight in the forefoot/balls of my feet. Length was comparable in my experience, and in the 1 last at 12D my foot is near the end of the shoe. Hopefully this helps some.

Thank you, sir! Allison has been emailed!

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this will be the farewell shot of the St. George Jodhpur boots.
I REALLY wish Allison was able to do an MTO.
Unfortunately, that idea got shut down (retired patterns).
I may have to find an alternate brand that can/will do an MTO in Color 8.

Wow, those are honeys. Wish my feet were a little smaller.

rodneywunderbar

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me: does using my local shoe guy for new heels on my McAllisters render them ineligible for recrafting?

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rodneywunderbar

Reaction score
Saw that. But it seems to concern resoles and not really heels. I just can't imagine that everybody goes to AE for heels. Anybody had a pair of AEs recrafted after using a local guy for heels? ANybody been denied recrafting?

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What are your thoughts on doing a MTO Chocolate Daltons with Toasted edges and the Mini Lug sole? Im afraid the contrast from dark upper, toasted edges, and black lug sole will be odd.

Also, do the toasted edges look different depending on which color welt is used? chili, black or brown?

Also, those of you who have put the independence lining in your MTOs, did you size them differently compared to the same model without the lining?

Thanks guys!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Hey guys,

What are your thoughts on doing a MTO Chocolate Daltons with Toasted edges and the Mini Lug sole? Im afraid the contrast from dark upper, toasted edges, and black lug sole will be odd.

Also, do the toasted edges look different depending on which color welt is used? chili, black or brown?

Also, those of you who have put the independence lining in your MTOs, did you size them differently compared to the same model without the lining?

Thanks guys! 

Chili welt. I personally think it would look good. I went same size, but if it's very tight for with regular lining, I might change my size. Will they do Indy lining on a boot?

-Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads