• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veridis

Reaction score
My RL Sanderson came in today and I love the color more then the williams. Now before any one asks there will be no photos today. Just so you know why I will tell a little story. First I opened the box and thought to myself I bet the SF guys would love to see them. I grab my iPhone and then thought shoot lets break out the high end canon dslr. Well if I'm going that far why not get my wife's photography light's she uses in portraits and her back grounds. All the shoes lovely displayed and then she walks in with a look like I just caught you watching Appreciation. Then she asks what are you doing to which I answer taking photos of my shoes so I can share them with the fine gentlemen of SF. That's when I catch my mother in-law laughing at me. My wife with a look I can't describe says have you not brought upon us enough shame.

Next time just use a wall for the background, and an on camera flash, pointed to the ceiling at an angle which lets the light come down in an angle towards the shoes. XD

Fabian43

Reaction score
Just picked up grey long branch now thinking of pulling the trigger on bison Yuma. Brannick has me at 10D, any Yuma owners comment of sizing?

AmericanGent

Reaction score
With all the advertisements and sales form Brooks Bros regarding the Great Gadsby, and the new AE Webgems with a roaring 20s theme, I felt like wearing my White/Walnut AE Hamptons today. Not something I normally would wear with jeans, but it is Friday and it worked out ok.
I really prefer the Hamptons over the other AE spectator styles. I think it is because the white is so prominent.

I've been getting a lot of wear on mine this summer. It seems like spectators are enjoying a nice renaissance at the moment. Let's hope they don't come back "in fashion", that will ruin the fun.

Last edited:

shartmann

Reaction score
My RL Sanderson came in today and I love the color more then the williams. Now before any one asks there will be no photos today. Just so you know why I will tell a little story. First I opened the box and thought to myself I bet the SF guys would love to see them. I grab my iPhone and then thought shoot lets break out the high end canon dslr. Well if I'm going that far why not get my wife's photography light's she uses in portraits and her back grounds. All the shoes lovely displayed and then she walks in with a look like I just caught you watching Appreciation. Then she asks what are you doing to which I answer taking photos of my shoes so I can share them with the fine gentlemen of SF. That's when I catch my mother in-law laughing at me. My wife with a look I can't describe says have you not brought upon us enough shame.
Great story. Along these lines, I wish AE offered a "discrete packaging" service. Allow you to pick what you want the box to say, like REI or Amazon. My wife and kids go on and on every time an Allen Edmonds box gets delivered. Sometimes I think I would get less grief if it just had a big Playboy label on it.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have shamed your wife and your dear mother-in-law. And all of this on Mother's Day weekend.

You are an awful person. :D

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great story. Along these lines, I wish AE offered a "discrete packaging" service. Allow you to pick what you want the box to say, like REI or Amazon. My wife and kids go on and on every time an Allen Edmonds box gets delivered. Sometimes I think I would get less grief if it just had a big Playboy label on it.
Do you have a business address you could use? :)

jmon22

Reaction score
Just got back from Jeffersonville.....

Monica went so above and beyond to help me out. I was amazed. I was there for more than an hour digging through boxes.

Ended up with a pair of brown v-tread Patriots that were a sales sample for 129, and a black and chili pair of Delrays for 129 each (They are matching the LaSalle price since they are basically the same shoe.)

My first pair(s) of AE's, and I could not be more pleased with the experience, price, and product.

Phones were ringing the whole time but feel free to call in now that I have mine :)

edit: also cannot see a single thing wrong with any pair... maybe a few tiny scuffs on the leather, but they will look 10x worse after the first time that I wear them.

Last edited:

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Just got back from Jeffersonville.....

Monica went so above and beyond to help me out. I was amazed. I was there for more than an hour digging through boxes.

Ended up with a pair or brown v-tread Patriots that were a sales sample for 129, and a black and chili pair of Delrays for 129 each (They are matching the LaSalle price since they are basically the same shoe.)

My first pair(s) of AE's, and I could not be more pleased with the experience, price, and product.

Phones were ringing the whole time but feel free to call in now that I have mine :)

edit: also cannot see a single thing wrong with any pair... maybe a few tiny scuffs on the leather, but they will look 10x worse after the first time that I wear them.

Have yet to be in an actual Shoe Bank.

What is the experience like? Do they let you pick through the selection to find the best quality and best looking shoe?

Any horror stories of really bad looking shoes?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tbh, I'm not sure what the current discount/percentages etc are.. i just email Kristle and ask if they have my size in a particular model and then ask her to call me with a total and to get my CC details. love how easy she is to deal with :)

It would be hard to find someone more pleasant to deal with. :nodding:

jmon22

Reaction score
They had displays set up but only for the Memorial Day featured items. The back of the store was just shelves full of boxed shoes arranged by size. There were also more in the back that she was able to grab for me. A little daunting at first as I have never even seen a pair of AE's before today, but once she measured my feet and I started trying on shoes, the experience was great.

Pick through whatever you want. The only bad pair I saw was a pair of Delrays where the leather on the top of the shoe was all crinkled where the shoe bends. Probably would look like that after a while anyways. She was debating on whether or not to throw them in the damaged pile or not so you aren't going to find any shoes that are incredibly beat up or anything.

Last edited:

khe86

Reaction score
What's Kristle's email? And is there any discount going on? I don't want to waste her time if there is no discount at all.

Last edited:

shartmann

Reaction score
Do you have a business address you could use?
smile.gif
I could but then would likely get the business from my work colleagues. Maybe I should split the difference, although I would hate to miss out on Saturday delivery. Lately I've been answering "daddy, did you get another pair of shoes?" with "no, I think that's just a pair of shoe trees". Occasionally that has been the correct answer.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads