• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chocolate Daltons with some flannel today

sruchris

Reaction score
When does the Shoe Bank sale start? Today? I've been eyeing a pair of Bourbon Daltons.

MichaelKnight

Reaction score
I'm a 8.5E in the 5 last. I purchased a Brooks Brothers 8.5E MacNeil 7 and it was too tight. Do the BB versions fit any different than the AE models? Wanted to order some MacNeils and wondered whether to size up, nowhere near me sells AE.

Thanks!

shoosensuits

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the steen in action? Got them half-off brand new and they fit great but I normally don't wear slip ons for BCD. They just don't look right with dress slacks and I won't wear them with jeans. Chinos for sure, but again I'd like to see some pics. TIA

drcharlie

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers versions have extra insoles "for comfort". The insoles make them a tad tighter, usually. Not sure if it is equivalent to adding a width.

Jackboot

Reaction score
Any information on the Allen Edmonds (or is it Rancourt) HAYDEN?

Here is a link to a pair on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281906768138

At first I assumed that the seller did not know what they were talking about, but now I'm not sure.

The shoes are definitely labeled HAYDEN by AE on the footbed. But the soles are Lactae Hevea, and AE does not use this sole on any other shoe AFAIK. Rancourt, however, uses this sole frequently. Most importantly, the style of the shoe is a Rancourt style (which I own):

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/boots/bedford-chukka-walnut-suede.html

So what's the story with these shoes? I wonder if AE flirted with the idea of having handstitched shoes made by Rancourt rather than in the Dominican Republic?

PerCC

Reaction score
I'm a 8.5E in the 5 last. I purchased a Brooks Brothers 8.5E MacNeil 7 and it was too tight. Do the BB versions fit any different than the AE models? Wanted to order some MacNeils and wondered whether to size up, nowhere near me sells AE.

Thanks!

I have the strange situation where my local AE here in Charlotte, NC is directly next to a BB (they share a wall). I as well am an 8.5E in the 5 last and I went on in to both stores to compare how the BB models fits compared to the standard AE. BB did not have E widths in the store so I tried on 9Ds in both stores, which should be close to the 8.5E width.

I have a high instep and the BB ones with the poron insoles fit much tighter, too tight in fact. I thought I would like the insole but I much prefer the standard AEs without it. In order to fit it in you'll most likely have to size up to an 8.5EEE or a 9E, but unfortunately its hard to tell exactly which one would be correct for you since every foot is different.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When does the Shoe Bank sale start? Today? I've been eyeing a pair of Bourbon Daltons.
Think I saw the 14th.

Edit: Isn't AE closing out all bourbon shoes? If so, I wonder if the current closeout sale (you can sort for these models on shoebank site) will be same or better than the flash sale.

Last edited:

sruchris

Reaction score
Think I saw the 14th.

Edit: Isn't AE closing out all bourbon shoes? If so, I wonder if the current closeout sale (you can sort for these models on shoebank site) will be same or better than the flash sale.

The Bourbon Dalton is currently $257 on Shoe Bank and $327 on the AE Closeout sale. If either one drops significantly, I'm pulling the trigger.

harlequin782

Reaction score
I noticed my Bourbon shoe arrived to the store for pickup very quickly (about 1 week including shipping)...does this mean they were not made to order, or were a leftover supply from someone else's unwanted purchase?..or maybe the store told me they were being factory made when they had been sitting in the store's stockroom the entire time. Point being: 1 week shipping seems awfully fast for shoes that previously have always required 4-6 weeks for me to receive.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any information on the Allen Edmonds (or is it Rancourt) HAYDEN?

Here is a link to a pair on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281906768138

At first I assumed that the seller did not know what they were talking about, but now I'm not sure.

The shoes are definitely labeled HAYDEN by AE on the footbed. But the soles are Lactae Hevea, and AE does not use this sole on any other shoe AFAIK. Rancourt, however, uses this sole frequently. Most importantly, the style of the shoe is a Rancourt style (which I own):

http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/men-s/boots/bedford-chukka-walnut-suede.html

So what's the story with these shoes? I wonder if AE flirted with the idea of having handstitched shoes made by Rancourt rather than in the Dominican Republic?
That is the weirdest thing I have seen yet...Do not know anything about - thanks for pointing it out-appears they were for sale at one point at 6pm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads