• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The picture of the Plain-toe Boots in brown leather looks much better (to me at least) as shown on their Instagram.

Allen Edmonds stock pictures on their website suck balls period. I'm sure someone will eventually buy them and post better pictures and we will all be in awe.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Goddamnit! Why can't they just do a classic Chelsea boot? Meh, maybe I should just buy one from Loake.

Lots of great Carmina ones getting organized over to Gentleman's Footwear affiliate three. we just did a grey suede and now they are working on a brown vegano leather version. Might be worth popping over there?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Goddamnit! Why can't they just do a classic Chelsea boot? Meh, maybe I should just buy one from Loake.

:lol: Exactly what i thought. Man, that's one way to kill a perfectly good chelsea boot.

One of the SA's at my local store was really excited about this model, he thought it would be something i would like as well...

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For this sale:

"From August 21st through September 1, savings of 15-35% off ALL factory-second shoes. Plus, save on discontinued belts and other select accessories. Limited to on-hand inventory only. See what is available in your size at www.shoebank.com

Factory Seconds Shoe (2nds MSRP) Sale Price:
Mora 2.0 Black or Bourbon ($299) sale $189
Neumok Brown ($219) sale $149
Grayson Black ($299) sale $199
Patriot Black or Brown ($299) sale $189
Kiowa Brown Distressed or Brown Grain ($234) sale $179
Vernon Black ($299) sale $199"

Has anyone talked to a SA yet about shell being knocked down some? The tent sale had them included. Plus it does say ALL.

I've emailed my guy just haven't heard yet.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any thoughts - just spotted this on the site
I think that one looks pretty cool. Just wondering why they put a leather sole on it.
Lots of great Carmina ones getting organized over to Gentleman's Footwear affiliate three. we just did a grey suede and now they are working on a brown vegano leather version. Might be worth popping over there?
Oh I have been lurking, trust me. Only problem is that I'm unsure of sizing, and before I commit to an MTO, if really like to get the fit nailed. Steve recommended going to a retailer like Epaulet or Shoe Mart to try on some of the wider lasts, since Carmina doesn't make extended widths (I'm a 3E). Eager to see the new AE chukka tho...

Last edited:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you gents sizing the 8-Last the same as the 5?
I never could get the 8 last to fit my foot well and gave up on it. I believe several have gone down in length and up one in width to get a good fit on the 8 but that didn't work for me either.

For me the 5 last fits my foot best of all lasts, and my PA in black shell is one of my favorite 5 lasted shoes. I am pleased with the look of the 5 last, although many are not to me it is perfect.

Yes, it was changed recently from "dark chili burnished" to "Bob's chili." The swatch I got from Allison also says "Bob's chili," so I would say that it looks like that's the official name.

AE IS a Midwestern company, after all.
wink.gif
If they were a Southern company it would be called "Billy Bob's chili". Not that there is anything wrong with that at all, just saying....

Figured I'd get some more use out of these before the New England summer ends soon. Friday seemed appropriate...
Looks good, agree not much time left. I have only worn mine once this year, next week it is supposed to get up in the 80's so will be wearing them a few more times. Once I retire I suspect that I will be once again living in a climate that will get much more use out of them. I went with the mesh for the Strawfut and Brooks 7 for linen. But really like the looks of yours a lot.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I never could get the 8 last to fit my foot well and gave up on it. I believe several have gone down in length and up one in width to get a good fit on the 8 but that didn't work for me either. For me the 5 last fits my foot best of all lasts, and my PA in black shell is one of my favorite 5 lasted shoes. I am pleased with the look of the 5 last, although many are not to me it is perfect. If they were a Southern company it would be called "Billy Bob's chili". Not that there is anything wrong with that at all, just saying....
As a native Texan, I must disagree. It would be JIM Bob's Chili! I hope I didn't offend, I actually meant to stick up for the company's folksy American charm. I think it suits the brand well. There's always Alden of New England for the Yankee blue-bloods!

Last edited:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a native Texan, I must disagree. It would be JIM Bob's Chili!

I hope I didn't offend, I actually meant to stick up for the company's folksy American charm. I think it suits the brand well.

There's always Alden of New England for the Yankee blue-bloods!
LOL no offense here at all pepper, I am not a native of this region and never dreamed I would end up here. Except for the winters which are bone breaking cold it is not as bad as I feared to be here and have come to call it home, but I do look forward to moving back South when my work here is done.

The only offense I would take is find out you were playing again anywhere within a few hundred miles and didn't let me know. Now that my friend would really upset me....

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As with all AE boots...it needs more or closer spaced eyelets.

You know after you wrote this I started nodding my head in agreement...then the knock on the door...run ...ok walk upstairs grab my Alden's from the postman run downstairs admire all the eyelets and speed hooks and say that Tifosi is one smart fellow they DO look better closer.....then I nearly dropped dead trying to lace all 4 speedhooks.....and thought that Tifosi needs to gain 80 pounds and then tell me about close eyelets and speedhooks....LOL

Scottyb06

Reaction score
I think that one looks pretty cool. Just wondering why they put a leather sole on it.
Oh I have been lurking, trust me. Only problem is that I'm unsure of sizing, and before I commit to an MTO, if really like to get the fit nailed. Steve recommended going to a retailer like Epaulet or Shoe Mart to try on some of the wider lasts, since Carmina doesn't make extended widths (I'm a 3E).

Eager to see the new AE chukka tho...

Thought about ordering this new boot next month but they don't make my size 11E. I can only get D widths to pop on the website. An 11.5D is simply too narrow for me and an 11E fits perfectly on all lasts I've tried.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

You know after you wrote this I started nodding my head in agreement...then the knock on the door...run ...ok walk upstairs grab my Alden's from the postman run downstairs admire all the eyelets and speed hooks and say that Tifosi is one smart fellow they DO look better closer.....then I nearly dropped dead trying to lace all 4 speedhooks.....and thought that Tifosi needs to gain 80 pounds and then tell me about close eyelets and speedhooks....LOL

LMAO! That's funny. Form over function there, right? haha!

Tighter spaced eyelets look so good. Especially when worn. When I see an AE boot laced up and worn it always reminds me of this:

Braciole%20068.jpg

Last edited:

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LMAO! That's funny. Form over function there, right? haha!

Tighter spaced eyelets look so good. Especially when worn. When I see an AE boot laced up and worn it always reminds me of this:

Braciole%20068.jpg
Viberg shell has tight spacing, right Tif?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members