• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

V1KTA222

Reaction score

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got an email saying the same thing: (still some good deals here)

There was an error in pricing earlier with the Strand at $129, the price in fact is $199. Orders that have already been placed will be honored at the $129 price.

2nd quality Labor Day Sale 8/22/13-9/2/13

Brooks Brothers - $149 - except Presidio, which will be $109
Ralph Lauren $129
Park Ave black - $199 (black only)
Strand walnut $199 (walnut only)
Independence Collection ($299)
Dalton walnut $199 (price will be on all colors except cordovan)
Mayfair patent leather $99
Spiked and SLV golf 2nd Q - $149
Jack Nicklaus Golf $129 (all 2nd’s)

I thought I saw Clifton listed on a physical flier for this sale, yet it's not listed above.

Oh well, perhaps I'll finally get myself a Rutledge, if there's finally one in my size.

Wonder if J-Ville will allow us to stack the Tanger coupon with these sale prices?

jasonmx3

Reaction score
Could any one please let me know how the fit of the 8(108) last compares to the 5(65) last. I already have the PAs and Strands, and am thinking of getting a blucher -- the Delrays.

I fit comfortably in an 11D on the 5-last, and I was wondering if I should make any change in my measurements for the 8 last. Fitting at a store is not really an option right now. Thanks!

Anyone? How do the Delray/La Salle fit compared to the PA/Strand, etc.

Subutai

Reaction score
I thought I saw Clifton listed on a physical flier for this sale, yet it's not listed above.

Oh well, perhaps I'll finally get myself a Rutledge, if there's finally one in my size.

Wonder if J-Ville will allow us to stack the Tanger coupon with these sale prices?

There are additional models on sale beyond that posted list. I got the Rapid City Derby's for $159.

jasonmx3

Reaction score
Same width category (D for instance) -> Wider fit.
Also, being a blucher, it's more forgiving for high insteps.
Hope this helps

Thanks! That's very helpful.

I'm guessing there's not much difference in length (if I'm an 11 in the PAs, I can also just order 11)?

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same width category (D for instance) -> Wider fit.
Also, being a blucher, it's more forgiving for high insteps.
Hope this helps

Maybe I'm misreading your response, but the 8 last is more narrow than the 5 last and, in some models, a little more snug in the toebox.

Subutai

Reaction score

Just won a pair on ebay that I actually don't know the model of. I figured this would be the best place to find out since search didn't help. The auction said Park Avenue, but it's a beautiful plain-toe balmoral instead of a cap-toe, so I'm pretty sure it's something else. Or maybe it's an old version of the Park Avenue? Here's the picture, and any insight would be appreciated! Edit: Link to auction with more pictures if it would help: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMON...-Dress-Shoes-SZ-8-5D-NEVER-WORN-/321185963378
I think those look fantastic, if you find out the name please share. I would love to find a pair

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just won a pair on ebay that I actually don't know the model of. I figured this would be the best place to find out since search didn't help. The auction said Park Avenue, but it's a beautiful plain-toe balmoral instead of a cap-toe, so I'm pretty sure it's something else. Or maybe it's an old version of the Park Avenue? Here's the picture, and any insight would be appreciated! Edit: Link to auction with more pictures if it would help: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMON...-Dress-Shoes-SZ-8-5D-NEVER-WORN-/321185963378
Well... It's definitely not the Park Avenue. I can't name the name, but it looks to be from the 70's judging by the insole. Also, the leather looks to be corrected grain, which is not good. You could try and get a return on these.
It looks like the Copley pattern to me, in a different leather. I'd suggest at least getting your hands on them. Snap a photo of the model number information on the inside and post it, see if they fit, see if they'll fill a hole in your rotation that needs filling. Good luck!

pudman43

Reaction score

Could any one please let me know how the fit of the 8(108) last compares to the 5(65) last. I already have the PAs and Strands, and am thinking of getting a blucher -- the Delrays.

I fit comfortably in an 11D on the 5-last, and I was wondering if I should make any change in my measurements for the 8 last. Fitting at a store is not really an option right now. Thanks!
Jason, not sure if anyone has chimed in yet, but my Delrays fit a bit longer than my 5last models. You should be fine with 11 or 10.5, of course this is no replacement for a good fitting, it's just my own experience. J

wilsonx

Reaction score

10D Strands fit me very comfortably, while 10D Cliftons (8 last) pinch my toes a bit. You may need to go with an 11E or 10.5E on the 8 last if your foot isn't narrow enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads