• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsonx

Reaction score
The woman I spoke to was on her first day on the job. Had to tell her how to spell Neumok. Maybe she's mucking things up? Ask for "Deb" @ jville, haha.

tietherope

Reaction score

The woman I spoke to was on her first day on the job. Had to tell her how to spell Neumok. Maybe she's mucking things up? Ask for "Deb" @ jville, haha.

Thanks, I'm on vacation in Cambodia so can't call though and need to go through email. As said both places won't provide me with a list.

How much was the Neumok?

wilsonx

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm on vacation in Cambodia so can't call though and need to go through email. As said both places won't provide me with a list.

How much was the Neumok?

Sorry, I meant the Cronmok. No good deals on it though. I think she told me 15% off of $234, so around $200 (which was what it was around 3 weeks ago also, when I last asked). I think you can get 1sts around that price every now and then.

tietherope

Reaction score

I just placed an order. Confirmed that the walnut Dalton's are $199 and ordered them, along with a pair of walnut Strands (both 10D). However, I forgot to confirm the price on the Strands while I was on the phone. Just got my receipt via e-mail -- they rang up as $129. Called up (somewhat disbelieving) and confirmed that it's the correct price. Very, very pleased.

I'm a 10D as well. Do you have a list handy?

adamdurbin

Reaction score
I just ordered and they told me 199 for walnut strands. Since I don't care about the heel or the corkbed, I got the brooks brothers version for 149. Still a good deal but I don't know how you guys got it for 129!

ochong

Reaction score
Can I put Renovateur on over the AE polish or would it end up just removing the polish?

Also will it affect the walnut or bourbon color?

willsgillen

Reaction score
So I just got a call from jville saying there was a mistake, that they're $199 and they want to change the price.

zchen

Reaction score
some one had asked me for pictures of the AE/RL illfords, I might as well post them here too for reference.

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They all share lists iirc, in theory you should be able to order from either. Destin sent me the same list as the shoebank.

Last edited:

LeviMay

Reaction score
My little AE family thus far:

Dark Brown Bayfield, Walnut McAllister, Black BB Strand, Brown Waxy Long Branch

Last edited:

Olifter

Reaction score

I am sure this has been discussed here gazillion times before, but if someone could help with getting the right size in the Strands, I will be grateful. So I wear 9E on a five last, but all my shoes on that last--the Neumok and the McTavish--are from the rough collection. I wear 9.5D in most other lasts, except for last 4 (9.5E) and 7 (10D). I got Strands in 9E and the fit is pretty tight. It's not as tight so that they would be impossible to wear, but it's certainly less comfortable than how I'd want them to fit.

What's your experience with the fit of the Strands? Should I try to break them; stretch them a bit or just return them? 

I'm size 10D and I go up to an E width with the 5 last. Seems to work fine for me.

BigRob

Reaction score
I ordered walnut Strands and a walnut AE manistee belt from Nordstrom. They don't match in color - the belt is significantly darker than the shoes.

Is this to be expected? I can upload a picture if necessary, but if someone can tell me whether it's common or unheard of that should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads