• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOxford

Reaction score
Denim suede Strandmoks for Friday, because life is too short to not have fun. If there's one thing I could criticize about this model, it's that the heel stack does wear down faster than Dainite. The sole (to me) doesn't feel much different than Dainite, but you'll notice the heel starts disappearing faster.

View attachment 1770816

You wearing the Bo Jackson jersey with those shoes? Powder blue....you know...Bo knows. :)

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do most of you stick with AE for boots or do you have a 2nd favorite for boots?
Alden would be the bulk of my boot collection, then Red Wing. I think Grant Stone builds a better boot, but AE has a better variety. Otherwise 1 Truman, 1 Carmina, I have owned a pair of EG, Vass, J Fitz, 2 Mermin (bad fit for me), and Viberg.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New arrival! Lovely color. I was surprised at myself for liking these, but boy are they swell.
View attachment 1770861 View attachment 1770862 View attachment 1770863
They look really good. Would be better with a lighter welt, IMO, but still very nice. Also random side note, every time you post a picture I find myself looking at all the books in the background, trying to make out the titles and guess what field you're in. I'm quite a book freak myself.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wearing the Bo Jackson jersey with those shoes? Powder blue....you know...Bo knows. :)

I miss those road uniforms they had in the 1980s. Jackson and Brett were my favorite players when I was growing up. I was so disappointed when Bo hurt himself because he was a once in a lifetime sort of athlete. But as others have said on here, it seems not many people really like the denim suede color. I think it's great for Spring and Summer on sunny days.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone buying from AE in next 3 days, I have a $75 off coupon you can have since I won't be using it. Just IM me.

TNshoefan

Reaction score
I appreciate all of the comments and thoughts. When one has plenty of shoe options for formal and casual occasions, isn't it nice to have a little fun and occasionally splurge with a unique and bold makeup? When you do, I think that you find that it isn't that difficult to wear at all. We are all certainly blessed to have the means to be "shoe enthusiasts", and to have a brand in Allen Edmonds that has the capacity, vision and range to offer something for everyone's taste. Gentlemen, enjoy your footwear and wear them in good health!

This x 100!

I can’t think of another GYW shoe maker, anywhere, that offers its customers the wide array of options and variety as Allen Edmonds. Of course, not every style is going to appeal to the masses, but the fact that any one of us could essentially “design“ our own shoe - limited only by our imagination - is what makes AE so dang special. Rather than shoot down some of the edgier designs that don’t suit our mainstream (and let’s face it, old school) preferences, why not embrace AE’s willingness to push the limits and make us rethink our own comfort zones.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New arrival! Lovely color. I was surprised at myself for liking these, but boy are they swell.
View attachment 1770861 View attachment 1770862 View attachment 1770863
I am liking a number of the brighter suede options AE has done recently. I know a while back I complained a good bit about the lack of color. Glad they listened to me.:blush:

I picked up the red Strandmoks and the Strand sneaker in Turmeric, great colors and the Mineral yellow looks like a winner as well.

Since AE obvious pays close attention to my posts lets have a Hamilton in some of these suede options. Magnet grey is nice and all but how about green from the Chapman combat or some from the Strandmok line. Or make a Strandmok boot if the Hamilton is to stay more classic.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do most of you stick with AE for boots or do you have a 2nd favorite for boots?
A year ago I would have said only AE but I've branched out with both good and less than good results (purely due to fit). Other than AE, going from memory I have 6 Grant Stone, 5 Carlos Santos (one being designed by Herring and made by CS), 2 Tricker's and one Cobber Union (My one Lof & Tung is going back today, too narrow) oh and two pairs of Tony Lamas, 1 Doc Marten and 1 Bass chukka.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look really good. Would be better with a lighter welt, IMO, but still very nice. Also random side note, every time you post a picture I find myself looking at all the books in the background, trying to make out the titles and guess what field you're in. I'm quite a book freak myself.

All I know is that I definitely see a book of collected Andre Dubus short stories and what appears to be Ultramarine by Raymond Carver on another shelf, and that tells me that @Vincent George and I would be OK with a glimpse into each other's libraries. I keep all of Carver's works in my home office in some glass-cased shelving. At some point, I'll have the funds to upgrade the short story collections to hardcovers. But, I'm still looking to pick up Near Klamath some day. I think the cheapest I've ever seen it come up in the past few years is $15k, and . . . that's more than triple what I've spent on the 500+ books total in my library. So, I need a little serendipity to make that happen. I was able to land both Furious Seasons and Winter Insomnia for minimal costs, so the hope is out there.

No Dubus in this shot, because his stuff is in the basement library.

IMG_5853.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads