• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawgPound

Reaction score
I picked these up (chili shell) when they were on sale before the holidays. Comfy. Haven’t had much of a chance to wear them yet besides around the house, but will be more soon. The build quality is pretty good...much, much better than the Santa moks I recently bought. They’re also a tad more roomy than the 65 lasted calf shoes, but that’s probably because they’re shell. I know they’re not right for everyone, but they work in my business casual environment.
170EF3EE-EC14-4DD1-80D6-EA6C93D6734A.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG yes to the shark saddles!

Knew I'd draw you out with those :D

I picked these up (chili shell) when they were on sale before the holidays. Comfy. Haven’t had much of a chance to wear them yet besides around the house, but will be more soon. The build quality is pretty good...much, much better than the Santa moks I recently bought. They’re also a tad more roomy than the 65 lasted calf shoes, but that’s probably because they’re shell. I know they’re not right for everyone, but they work in my business casual environment.
View attachment 1535585

I forget, are these GYW? How is the sole attached? Kind of a cool makeup for something more casual than dress shoes.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, mine are from Benchmark Basics.

And here I thought you and I could be burgundy and lace brothers. Sadly, I see that is not the case. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to block your posts from here on out. Those are the rules of the brotherhood I envisioned for us. They are unflinching, but fair. I'm not going to say that your Hamiltons are dead to me, but I am going to say that I'm probably going to have to hunt your shell for sport. Expect it when you least expect it. I will be the one wearing burgundy shell HMs with Guarded Goods laces. You'll be able to identify me that way. Once I have captured your Hamiltons, I will leave them intact, but with Guarded Goods laces. I may be a Donkey, and a gentleman, but I am not a monster.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "How could I possibly have made this poor decision in my life that caused a cataclysmic rift with Donkey? Should I offer him some sort of olive branch?"

The answer is, "No." Donkey would not accept an olive branch. We're talking about burgundy here. Olive is appropriate for some others on this forum, but not necessarily for me. Offer me a burgundy branch, and maybe we can begin to mend fences.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh? I was talking about my sig (below), not my avatar. Broadstreets are not in my sig and definitely not for sale (those are actually Heritage with converted soles).

You know, my bone & walnut Heritages came from the factory with the regular sole. One of the last MTO's in the "call Paul's assistant" era. And no extra charge.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I had hopes that 30% off seconds would also apply to SMU seconds. Guess that’s pretty greedy though.

Shark isn’t for me but some of you are going to love it I’m sure!

All seconds apply.

Deja Blue #2 incoming
*Leeds / seconds from my single 2020 TS order.

Wearing 2014 natty Leeds /seconds today
IMG_2199.jpeg

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, mine are from Benchmark Basics, you fool.
And here I thought you and I could be burgundy and lace brothers. Sadly, I see that is not the case. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to block your posts from here on out. Those are the rules of the brotherhood I envisioned for us. They are unflinching, but fair. I'm not going to say that your Hamiltons are dead to me, but I am going to say that I'm probably going to have to hunt your shell for sport. Expect it when you least expect it. I will be the one wearing burgundy shell HMs with Guarded Goods laces. You'll be able to identify me that way. Once I have captured your Hamiltons, I will leave them intact, but with Guarded Goods laces. I may be a Donkey, and a gentleman, but I am not a monster.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "How could I possibly have made this poor decision in my life that caused a cataclysmic rift with Donkey? Should I offer him some sort of olive branch?"

The answer is, "No." Donkey would not accept an olive branch. We're talking about burgundy here. Olive is appropriate for some others on this forum, but not necessarily for me. Offer me a burgundy branch, and maybe we can begin to mend fences.
I edited my previous post which left off my true feelings.

I hope donkeys can swim. Good luck sir.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ok guys. Looks like we are going with the Landon.

I need quick feedback to get this going.

Do we like option one or option two?

View attachment 1535668

I'm not in on this... so by all means ignore me...
But I highly recommend option 2 but with the heel counters also in shark. If you want to break up the shark with a little bit of shell, I would do that just on the back stay detail (or whatever that thing is called)... Or even just go with all shark for the back of the boot. My personal opinion is that this is a case for less is more in terms of patterns and textures.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a pair made with brown and black.
Or is it burgundy and black? I’m colorblind, so I guess it could be either.
It’s not a Higgins Mill, but it gives you an idea.

View attachment 1535350
I think that I like this better than navy/black or black/black.

What do YOU think?

I agree, it would be better than either of the other two and looks great.

What, no E width? Nevermind.

joman8390

Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. Looks like we are going with the Landon.

I need quick feedback to get this going.

Do we like option one or option two?

View attachment 1535668

Boo hiss. Was hoping to get my first Higgies and have 'em be shark.

I'm not in on this... so by all means ignore me...
But I highly recommend option 2 but with the heel counters also in shark. If you want to break up the shark with a little bit of shell, I would do that just on the back stay detail (or whatever that thing is called)... Or even just go with all shark for the back of the boot. My personal opinion is that this is a case for less is more in terms of patterns and textures.

Not getting it since I prefer the Higgins, but I agree with that design detail. The shell pull tab of sorts would look kind of cool in contrast to the shark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads