• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

schweezly

Reaction score
Deja Blue #2 incoming
*Leeds / seconds from my single 2020 TS order.

Wearing 2014 natty Leeds /seconds today

The SMU’s are an absurd deal right now, if I read your post correctly.

I have decided out of my 10 or so pair of AE boots, these are the most comfortable and versatile. Excluding suits and sweats these just work with just about anything. I thought I wouldn't care for the coffee color. I was wrong.
View attachment 1535664
View attachment 1535666

Your watch collection is awesome and just wanted you to know it’s noticed. I like when someone has a knack for not just the major brands but the great Micros too. My new Baltic is my favorite watch in a while and it blew away my expectations.
2F6EDDF0-F37C-48C9-8E58-F33FDE8F3ADF.jpeg

and to keep it on AE, I’m still breaking in these Gridiron in football grain

7B902429-7442-4DE2-B526-1228C450AF92.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your watch collection is awesome and just wanted you to know it’s noticed. I like when someone has a knack for not just the major brands but the great Micros too. My new Baltic is my favorite watch in a while and it blew away my expectations.
View attachment 1535682

View attachment 1535685
Football grain for the win!

I was noticing the watch that @schweezly posted. It’s nice. I like the one you shared too.
I’m wearing my Dan Henry 1970 today.
6A000BD3-D1B0-4872-B858-21BE4644C50A.jpeg

ptfly

Reaction score

View attachment 1535682

View attachment 1535685
Kind of you to say. I have sold my most expensive watches over the past couple of years. Just not comfortable wearing or travelling with them. I tend to like that middle ground. Unfortunately this forum only has poor mans and Upper so I don't post much about watches these days (except sneaking them in here).
Love that Baltic. I have had three Baltic models so far. I had the exact diver/color you posted and never sized it since I had decided it was too close to others and sold it unworn. Honestly I might rebuy. A great size and design not to mention value IMO.I like what Etienne has done with that brand. He is also a very nice gentleman.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I “voted” for the Higgins Mill because I have experience with that last. I’m pretty confident in getting a boot that fits.

The Landon is a nice design. I know nothing about the fit. For me, it’s an expensive gamble for a non-returnable pair of boots.

I also prefer the second option with everything on the back half of the boot make of shark.

schweezly

Reaction score
I need to size myself on the Landon, which means purchasing a few that will be returned. Any sizing advice vs 65 or 511 lasts for boots?

from when I tried it on, it feels similar to the Normandy but slightly higher instep

it’s definitely wider than the 65 shoes, D is probably more like an E in the toe box. And for my feet it’s slightly more accommodating in the toe box than the 511 boots

but sizing advice is hard to give. That’s just my experience. Personally, I find it similar but more forgiving than the HM on the sides of my toes as well

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I “voted” for the Higgins Mill because I have experience with that last. I’m pretty confident in getting a boot that fits.

The Landon is a nice design. I know nothing about the fit. For me, it’s an expensive gamble for a non-returnable pair of boots.

I also prefer the second option with everything on the back half of the boot make of shark.
Why would you not be able to try on a Landon first? That's easily facilitated.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Ok guys. Looks like we are going with the Landon.

I need quick feedback to get this going.

Do we like option one or option two?

View attachment 1535668
Given that the shark is going to be black either way, option 2 seems best. It showcases the shark well, too.

I'm not in on this... so by all means ignore me...
But I highly recommend option 2 but with the heel counters also in shark. If you want to break up the shark with a little bit of shell, I would do that just on the back stay detail (or whatever that thing is called)... Or even just go with all shark for the back of the boot. My personal opinion is that this is a case for less is more in terms of patterns and textures.
Hmm, if we could do Option 2 but with just the rear crossing strips being shell, that would look great, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads