• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well this sucks. $900 down the tubes.

20191031_204926.jpg

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
We saved taxpayers $900/person/day for a 12-person team to come out for 6 months to dismantle it for the DRMO shredders. That's $64,000 it would have cost to dismantle a plane being turned into scrap.

Pallet of C-4 and we were done in half a day.

The pilot forgot how to land properly and DESTROYED the gear. It was a Herc, so it was about 15-20 years past its original service life anyway.

We gave it an epic send-off. We should all be so lucky.
If it was the Herc that landed fast and ran off the runway at Shank, it was a J model, and only 9 years old. (<semper-sadface>

(Pic was still cool)

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Despite their back-pedaling and claims they didn't know, it's quite obvious the footage was cropped and darkened to make the people standing there with their phones recording it as minimized as possible. It was 100% deliberate completely fabricated BS to push whatever narrative they're paid to push this week.

I am....unenthused by America's media outlets.

All of them.

They all suck. They're all trying to manipulate the population. One way or another, they're *ALL* doing it.

I will spare you all the rant I had just composed and leave it at, the comments above are so very true.

Last edited:

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
It wasn't.
026035B2-02E8-47E4-8056-BD24D6BF7313.gif

I could prolly play 20 questions, and figure out which one, as I’ve read all of the USAF and USN Safety Center’s C-130 mishap reports on pre-2013 crashes back when I used to fly one.

That being said: that hole in your suit is ducking frustrating.

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1270318
I could prolly play 20 questions, and figure out which one as I’ve read all of the USAF and USN Safety Center’s C-130 mishap reports on pre-2013 crashes from when I used to fly one.

That being said: that hole in your suit is ducking frustrating.

I was at Leatherneck.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It should be an easy fix for a competent tailor or alteration shop. Or set the house on fire, your call.

Not with the prominent placement.

I give up. Epic B/S thread for AEs coming soon.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads