• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait. The Higgins Mill has a poron insert?
I'm one of the members of the He-Man-Poron-Haters Club. I don't mind it on the HM, in fact I will go so far as to say its needed.

1) Poron on the 1757 is not a fit issue like it is on the the other lasts. Those lasts were designed without Poron, and then some dickwad at AE decided it would be a good idea to slap on some Poron and rebadge them 2.0. Because the 1757 last was designed with Poron in mind from the start, its fine.

2) If the HM didn't have Poron, I think it would need a midsole. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they added a midsole regardless. That would give them more of a work-boot look and possibly easy some of the gripes people have about the feel of Dainite.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I can quit buying shoes anytime I want."
Imelda Marcos
Don't get high on your own supply.

7001186915_1d29eb7b0d.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ace13x I know this opinion is not popular on here, but I truly believe the Leeds 2.0 would have been a perfect Leeds shoe had they not ditched the piping. I love the poron they added in the 2.0 Leeds. I am very aware sizing would have still been off for many, but it worked well for me when I went up 1/2 size. AE should have a nationwide recall on all Leeds 2.0's so that they can add piping to them.

@BagleyBrown That's a shame about the Malone. I think your gold color looks better than my brown cruiser color. I get what you're saying with the shortness. The 73 last is one of the shortest lasts AE has. Somehow it works for me with both the Malone and Walton. I wish AE would offer some more shoes on the 73.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BagleyBrown That's a shame about the Malone. I think your gold color looks better than my brown cruiser color. I get what you're saying with the shortness. The 73 last is one of the shortest lasts AE has. Somehow it works for me with both the Malone and Walton. I wish AE would offer some more shoes on the 73.

I had heard some doubts about the real last used. 15d Waltons fit very well -- I wish I had not experimented.

Rancourt has come back with some very good news, more options than expected. Only want a small number of things now, but, they have a few olive-ish leathers/suedes that turn me on. No seconds or discounts in my size so must be selective.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, there's a pattern on it so that *CAN* increase the level of difficulty, but I'm not a perfectionist, it's a thrifted jacket, and as it's not a full suit it obviously won't be worn on more formal occasions where a perfectly matched transition is desirable. It's casual-formal, for me at least. No issue with the 100-ish price range, knew that going in. And I figure someone in the DC area at least who comes with good recommendations, I can probably trust blindly. Especially if someone on SF has had them do similar work in the past. Not that I'm hinting at DC-area SF members or anything. :hide:

Was doing some catching up on the forum and saw your post. Just in case no one has given a recommendation. It’s a drive but the tailor is definitely worth it. Fredericksburg, Va, “Aspetto.” They do all of my tailor work and they are awesome.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Fat Tuesday, or Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday - whatever you may call it!

Put your fat pants on and eat like there is no tomorrow! Now who had all that beautiful smoked meat on here? Send some this way, please!

Taking the gray Strands out for a walk. It has been a few weeks, so l figured i’d let ‘em breathe.
2C270E82-CBF3-4A2F-83E0-9F291A861BFB.jpeg
The best I could do for FT colors today, a white medallion shirt and very purple tie.
3776383F-25A1-403B-A969-23C3E7CCEB5E.jpeg
Enjoy!!

Now where are these beautiful women that need some beads? :)

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BF3C745E-7681-42BF-8DCF-92AA6A25D199.jpeg
Talking about cheap clothes and nice shoes, the most expensive article of clothing on my body is my underwear. Pants, shirt, and socks all were under $12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads