• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AS MTO Handgrade Hunt in Chestnut Antique on the 48 Last Via ShoeHealer Personally final finished by Chay Cooper of Alfred Sargent Thanks Guys :slayer:
As fine as RTW English Handgrades get. And beautifully finished!
Chay finished these personally himself over Xmas for me and delivered them too !!! A real gent and he did a great job i think. I placed another order for a make up of Dark Brown Calf and Pin Grain Dark Brown spectator (ish) !! Pics to follow..................
Just an update :) pics wont follow as I was sadly informed my Handgrade make up wont be forthcoming seems like AS were too busy doing other things and forgot/mislaid/couldn't be bothered blah blah blah !! Looks like my pennies will be spent elsewhere !!! Such a shame as my other Handgrades were top notch !! Looks like Chay leaving didn't do me any favours !! I would be interested to learn if anyone has received Handgrade MTO's recently (not group exclusive to handgrade last orders) ???

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just an update :) pics wont follow as I was sadly informed my Handgrade make up wont be forthcoming seems like AS were too busy doing other things and forgot/mislaid/couldn't be bothered blah blah blah !! Looks like my pennies will be spent elsewhere !!! Such a shame as my other Handgrades were top notch !! Looks like Chay leaving didn't do me any favours !!

I would be interested to learn if anyone has received Handgrade MTO's recently (not group exclusive to handgrade last orders) ???

Have you seen this pair of shoes, made for AS for Herring Shoes?

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=7084

They might not be in quite the same colour scheme as the one that you wanted, but in terms of the design it certainly seems to fit the bill, and they do look lovely.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an update :) pics wont follow as I was sadly informed my Handgrade make up wont be forthcoming seems like AS were too busy doing other things and forgot/mislaid/couldn't be bothered blah blah blah !! Looks like my pennies will be spent elsewhere !!! Such a shame as my other Handgrades were top notch !! Looks like Chay leaving didn't do me any favours !!

I would be interested to learn if anyone has received Handgrade MTO's recently (not group exclusive to handgrade last orders) ???

Have you seen this pair of shoes, made for AS for Herring Shoes?

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=7084

They might not be in quite the same colour scheme as the one that you wanted, but in terms of the design it certainly seems to fit the bill, and they do look lovely.

They were part of the reasoning behind my MTO make up as Chay had advised me they were bringing in some "lovely pin grain" and we discussed a semi brogue Dark Oak Calf & Pin Grain make up and I subsequently placed the order. I'll eventually get them just wont have the AS name on it.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love the fact that Chay sends me advance pictures of the shoes as they are being made, but the wait really is getting to be too much to bear. Another pair just finishied - shp them Chay!! They are beautiful. Back to the boar's head medallion.

More pics when they arrive.

Some more pictures.

Sole of the Benson

Lasting of the Derby

Finishing of the Derby

awesome ucap

emptym

Reaction score

so much awesome here. this may have been asked before but why leave the top eyelet instead of a speedhook

Beautifull boots

Thanks guys. Both pairs have worn well. I should take pics.

R, the top is an eyelet so that if it's laced up to the top, there's a lower chance of the lace being knocked off the hook. I think it was fairly common.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads