• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read

prez

Reaction score

Anatomica in Paris.
Good collection of black and color 8 shell boots and shoes.
Really worth visiting when in Paris and meeting Pierre and Charles.
The two of them are very convincing about the modified last.

diyman5757

Reaction score

1. Roguls
2. dcg
3. well-kept
4. tarnow
5. joenobody0
6. mtc2000
7. Aquaphor
8. philosophe
9. AlanC
10. southbound35
11. Renton
12. TheWGP
13. NewYorkRanger
14. Sazon
15. scratchline
16. PHILLIPBENNY
17. srivats
18. Profligate47
19. rbny
20. jiomitori
21. GaryRanson
22. mth
23. Cali
24. patrickBOOTH
25. password
26. rkusmant
27. dopey
28. Mike147
29.Luzer
30. Knowledge is King
31. Porcelain Monkey
32. tatecloths
33. Smiles
34. dachsundlover
35. applky
36. CaptainFunk
37. Moocow9
38. dm2703
39. UrbanComposition
40. marg
41. FrankCowperwood
42. aboutsomeoneelse
43. burningbright
44. doclocke
45. Ronzo
46. [COLOR=FF0000]PhiPsi32 [/COLOR]
47. LImorowman
48. Lithium214
49. sm31
50. jiomitori
51. lukemil
52.BootSpell
53. stevent
54. progressive rake
55. Kashiwa
56. tbk7
57. ashejk
58. jpc9
59. trig

Keep them coming. I will be cross-posting at Superfuture and Ask Andy. Anywhere else I should post?
I'm sure this list is no longer valid but for posterity sake add me to the list in protest to this practice.

Mike147

Reaction score
Some nice new ML boots posted on Moulded Shoe Tumbler. No EEE of course but one pair of Shell and one pair of calf.

Any ideas on how much Moulded is charging for these boots?

Last edited:

Mike147

Reaction score

Anatomica in Paris.
Good collection of black and color 8 shell boots and shoes.
Really worth visiting when in Paris and meeting Pierre and Charles.
The two of them are very convincing about the modified last.

Beautiful stuff again from Anatomica but how much are you willing to pay for Alden RTW?? I just don't think there's a strong value proposition at close to $1000 USD for a pair of Alden RTW. I've repeated it a few too may times here but once you hit that level, you need to consider bespoke options like Maftei and other AH makers. I'm paying about $1000 USD shipped for Maftei and the fit is FAR superior and construction and materials simply not comparable.

Alden ML Shell cordovan should be priced equivalent to Leather Soul and Leffot custom make-ups on other lasts. Buying from Japan and Europe is a big fat ripoff.

Mike147

Reaction score
Any action in ML Land? Too quiet... I feel like most have given up the fight for Shell in the USA. What's going on!

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by Moulded Shoe and picked up a pair of the 54321, color #8 v-tips. I always love that shop, but they have said that Alden has decided they can have shell cordovan modified last again, and they are going to definitely be getting more models in. Of course, I wouldn't hold my breath for any rare shell any time soon, but we can hope.

Mike147

Reaction score

Stopped by Moulded Shoe and picked up a pair of the 54321, color #8 v-tips. I always love that shop, but they have said that Alden has decided they can have shell cordovan modified last again, and they are going to definitely be getting more models in. Of course, I wouldn't hold my breath for any rare shell any time soon, but we can hope.

Question is will you be able to get some of the Styles that Anatomica makes at Moulded... U Tip and NST would be a hit in Black, Color #8 and others. Looks like they are expecting some Long Wings in Black Shell and a few other models to include the V-Tip and Cap-Toe plus some more boots.. Love these guys so I hope they sell a ton of shoes and stay in business forever even though I'm no longer a regular customer.. I just save up for more Maftei shoes

How much were your V-Tips in #8?

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question is will you be able to get some of the Styles that Anatomica makes at Moulded... U Tip and NST would be a hit in Black, Color #8 and others. Looks like they are expecting some Long Wings in Black Shell and a few other models to include the V-Tip and Cap-Toe plus some more boots.. Love these guys so I hope they sell a ton of shoes and stay in business forever even though I'm no longer a regular customer.. I just save up for more Maftei shoes

How much were your V-Tips in #8?

$745 total (billed out of state)

Mike147

Reaction score

$745 total (billed out of state)

I guess that's about right... Seems that most Alden shops are charging over $700 for Shell shoes and up to high 700s for Shell boots. I think that's a hell of a lot of money for what you're getting but with the price seems in range with other retailers for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads