• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ravello pt boots from Anatomica

Hey prez, if I could ask, did you put yourself on a list with Anatomica? Or did you have to place a preorder and pay in full beforehand? I'm guessing the latter. How long did you have to wait for them?

More IRL pics would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike147

Reaction score

Hi all,

I'll be traveling to boston next month for work, and I am thinking about getting my first pair of boots on the modified last. However, I am wondering if a boot negates the advantages of the heel contours on modified last shoes (i.e. the inside heel side being cut higher than the outside heel, which for some reason I find very comfortable). Would like to hear what you guys think about that.

I think you'll find the ML boots to be as / or more comfortable than the shoes. You're getting the same last with the higher / added ankle support of a boot. I still hate that Alden no longer makes EEE widths for ML boots - something with the cutting machine. Game over...

Did you buy anything in Boston? Given that Alden is HQ's in MA, i always find it odd that you have to hunt around for Alden shoes while in Boston.

Beane

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
what´s the process to boy one of those nice modified last boots from anatomica?

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you'll find the ML boots to be as / or more comfortable than the shoes. You're getting the same last with the higher / added ankle support of a boot. I still hate that Alden no longer makes EEE widths for ML boots - something with the cutting machine. Game over...

Did you buy anything in Boston? Given that Alden is HQ's in MA, i always find it odd that you have to hunt around for Alden shoes while in Boston.

Thanks, that's good to know.
Spurred on by some recent (july/august) knee troubles, I was planning on dropping by boston pedorthotic (who I believe stock modified last shoes/boots among others). I never managed to do that (and bought something else from across the pond instead!), and the knee troubles gradually went away when I lost some (newly put-on) weight and got some sleep/rest the last few months.

I'm still thinking of the elusive modified last boot, and perhaps a trip to moulded shoe might help when (fingers crossed) I visit new york during the holidays.

The workings of Alden are indeed mysterious, given that several forum members have to re-import shoes from the Netherlands and France!

Mike147

Reaction score
Is the stitching / shape a bit different on the Anatomica model? I stopped by Moulded recently and their ML indy looks a bit different.

I think Moulded should order some U-Tips... They are big on the NST's but the U-Tips are a great looking shoe

Beane

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I contacted Anatomica France, and yes, they have the nicest models, but the prices are high.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads