• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Airline to China and Korea

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
+1 on Asiana. I've flown their biz class and it was really good

+1 on KAL's hot stewardesses. I think they are the only airline to be age/look discriminating when hiring, altho it looks like that link to the Chinese airline has the same practice

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
pretty much any Asian airline will apply those criteria, and since there are pretty much no labor laws to get in the way of eye candy anywhere in this region...they retire them all off before they turn into fat Lufthansa beerwenches.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, DO NOT fly China Eastern. We had a toilet explode on take off, with sewage literally cascading down the aisle. Made for an ever so lovely flight. They weren't very apologetic.

WN2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
pretty much any Asian airline will apply those criteria, and since there are pretty much no labor laws to get in the way of eye candy anywhere in this region...they retire them all off before they turn into fat Lufthansa beerwenches.

..which is exactly why I try to avoid these airlines at any cost. I can wank off to Appreciation featuring stewardess settings if I like to, but when flying I'd rather be around seasoned professionals (regardless of how they look like) instead of some pretty n00bs.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WN2
..which is exactly why I try to avoid these airlines at any cost. I can wank off to Appreciation featuring stewardess settings if I like to, but when flying I'd rather be around seasoned professionals (regardless of how they look like) instead of some pretty n00bs.

"seasoned professionals"? I want somebody who is pleasant and will serve me well. in something like 2500- 3000 legs flying on commerical airlines I have never needed a stew to do anything more than bring me a drink or a pillow. I want somebody who can do that with a pleasant smile, and if she looks good, taht is great.

most US airlines have mean old women working their long flights. I hate having to wait for some mean old woman to decide that now she is willing to bring me my drink.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think many of those Asian airlines tend to hire on the old rules of attractiveness. Of course, that wouldn't fly in the U.S. as it would be too anti-feminist and redolent of the '50s.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I think many of those Asian airlines tend to hire on the old rules of attractiveness. Of course, that wouldn't fly in the U.S. as it would be too anti-feminist and redolent of the '50s.

Sometimes it's good that things do not change.

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WN2

Although I don't fly nearly as often as globetrotter, I do log a decent 50,000+ miles per year. I've found that the "seasoned professionals" are also the ones most likely to make you feel as though they are doing you the world's biggest favor bringing you a cup of water.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
In all fairness, Korean's safety record has improved markedly since their disasterous days. They are in full compliance with FAA regs. I think on more occassions than not, the captain who has made the announcements has been expat -- usually a Brit or Australian, once even an American.

(I point this out because I recall that a number of their accidents had to do with cockpit hierarchy and communication, with the first officer reluctant to do or say anything that contradicted the captain. This was due primarily to the fact that the pilots all came from the Korean Air Force and the underlings were reticent to do anything that appeared to be disrespectful fo the senior officer.)

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
+1 on Asiana. I've flown their biz class and it was really good

How many round eyes asked you if you worked there?

Karo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WN2
....(regardless of how they look like) instead of some pretty b00bs.

Fixed.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trucking Hilarious.
crackup[1].gif

Originally Posted by Renault78law
Whatever you do, DO NOT fly China Eastern. We had a toilet explode on take off, with sewage literally cascading down the aisle. Made for an ever so lovely flight. They weren't very apologetic.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing

A lot of Korean companies, if not most, require a picture while sending your resume. In addition, questions about marriage, family assets, and age are all part of the interview process.

Completely illegal in the US but standard practice here. I know so many cute girls who have been rejected for the Korean Air positions.

Such a shame. Amongst the locals here, the consensus is that Asiana girls are cuter for international flights and Korean Air girls are prettier for just domestic based flights.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads