• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AF, Finding peace!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the truth
cont.

Oh, and for those of you who really think it is a fake Kiton:

truth018largere0.jpg

Please do note where it says Kiton, sewn by hand for...

Why did you block out the name? Does it give away your true identity?

Was this some sort of custom jacket?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
No one in their right mind thinks that AF will change his mind even if the owners of Kiton themselves tell him he's a fool. It's way too humbling to have to admit that you were fooled for 15 years.
I think that is going too far. I'm willing to accept whatever the evidence shows.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oldseed
....... guys like zegnamtl/etc. are the vocal minority.

i am beginning to think most don't really read these posts.

I do not dispute the uses of machines on a Kiton.

For 6000th time!!!!

I have said machine padded collards and lapels for a YEAR NOW, hellloo!
I posted the first images out of Kiton showing machine padded collars last July (on AAAC)!

I dispute the way which we use terms which are misleading, as misleading as some of the copy that has been posted form the Kiton web site!

We are as bad as they are at this stage, maybe worse!

I said lets micro analyze it and set the definitions we agree on to be on the same page when we speak, any outside who read this thread would think we are all insane!

My daughters are back from Europe, I am off to have dinner with them, far more important the deabting what p[ercentage of stitches make it this or that, have a good evening gents!!

the truth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I think that is going too far. I'm willing to accept whatever the evidence shows.
I find this insulting. You might want another person to look, but why do you not consider my photos proof? Why don't we make a friendly wager to benefit J and styleforum for all of the ridiculous bandwith we have taken up. We will let zegnamtl take the pics and then we let everybody decide what the real truth is. If the verdict is that Kiton is honest in their claims of a basically handmade garment, I will paypal $200 to J for the styleforum fund. If the vedict is that they are not being forthright, you paypal him $200. We can work out the details on judging.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find this insulting. You might want another person to look, but why do you not consider my photos proof?

Why don't we make a friendly wager to benefit J and styleforum for all of the ridiculous bandwith we have taken up. We will let zegnamtl take the pics and then we let everybody decide what the real truth is. If the verdict is that Kiton is honest in their claims of a basically handmade garment, I will paypal $200 to J for the styleforum fund. If the vedict is that they are not being forthright, you paypal him $200. We can work out the details on judging.

Sounds fair.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I find this insulting.
It was directed at Tax, not you so I don't understand what your beef is. Frankly I trust Allen over you because he is a frequent poster of some reputation here and at AAAC and he has better photography than you. You are a new person or worse the alias of an existing member too cowardly to reveal themselves.

I'm not betting any money here. I'm just gathering evidence. Why can't you leave it at that?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Artisan Fan;581592 said:
You are a new person or worse the alias of an existing member too cowardly to reveal themselves.
QUOTE]

And I've got a feeling you are a Democrat too?
laugh.gif
devil.gif

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find this insulting. You might want another person to look, but why do you not consider my photos proof? Why don't we make a friendly wager to benefit J and styleforum for all of the ridiculous bandwith we have taken up. We will let zegnamtl take the pics and then we let everybody decide what the real truth is. If the verdict is that Kiton is honest in their claims of a basically handmade garment, I will paypal $200 to J for the styleforum fund. If the vedict is that they are not being forthright, you paypal him $200. We can work out the details on judging.
After all this, I definitely think Artisan Fan should take you up on that.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton is overpriced, machine made clothing with fancy fabric and token handwork.

oldseed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Kiton is overpriced, machine made clothing with fancy fabric and token handwork.

lol, awesome. we finally arrive at the crux of the matter.

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was attracted to Kiton because of the fabrics and style. I enjoy the visible hand work, but there's always visible machine stitching also. This goes for Oxxford and Brioni also.
May be some of the forum members who do a lot of bespoke can clarify how much hand work they expect.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril

Then again, so is Attolini. Only more so in all dimensions (price, make, fabric).

I guess the difference is that Attolini don't claim any different. They tell you that the magic (or not, if you don't like them) rests in the cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads