• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE's @ DSW=$56.00

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the other shoe places like Shoe Dept. or Rackroom or whatever the **** the other ones are?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice find - thanks. Got the Holt, they had the Fairfax/Hillcrest as well, at the same prices.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just went to the DSW on Main Street in Santa Ana this evening. As I suspected, there was nothing I would remotely want--no sign of any A-Es or anything of remotely comparable quality. That's probably just Santa Ana for you!

MrRogers

Reaction score
I Hit the DSW in Long Island, Picked up a pair of pristine coltons, and 2 pairs of Holts in chestnut and black, 87 for each pair out the door. Definately not seconds, all are pristine. They had tons of fairfax as well.

MrR

Avers

Reaction score
DSW in NYC Union Square had some AE on deep discounts last night.

Some were $60, some $80. Unfortunately nothing in my size...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Just went to the DSW on Main Street in Santa Ana this evening. As I suspected, there was nothing I would remotely want--no sign of any A-Es or anything of remotely comparable quality. That's probably just Santa Ana for you!
thanks for checking it out, i was about to go, but maybe another dsw, im not sure, but it seems like the orange county ones are always myths. these "bally scribes for 79 at marshalls and AE for 50 at dsw" seems to be only an east coast occurrence.

DuncanM

Reaction score
I was near Montgomery Mall and hit up the DSW on Old Georgetown. They had 3 pairs of black in 12D, 13D, 14D I believe. They had 14 pairs of chestnut in sizes all over the place. I noticed some 3E and Bs in there too.

They had 2 pair of 11Ds that I looked into. The first had a less than pristine box and they had some scuffs. I pulled one out and the chestnut on the toe area was not right. It looked like the dying process didn't work. Makes me wonder if they are seconds in some cases.

I looked at the other pair and they looked perfect.....$60, had to buy them.

On a side note, I did see a few pairs of Canali shoes in there. I hadn't seen them in a DSW before.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are indeed factory seconds they should be stamped with a 'FR' inside a circle on the sole, near the heel. AE is good about marking all their seconds.

If some of the shoes are damaged, perhaps they became that way in the retail stores that originally carried them.

Mr.Perdition

Reaction score
Thanks again the tip about DSW. I picked up a chesnut Colton for $70 and a black Bentley for $45. I debated the Bentley before I thought "When is the next time I'm going to be able to pick up an AE at a store for $45?"

MrRogers

Reaction score
I think 45$ is a winner, any less and they're going to start giving them away when you spend over a certain amount.

The only regret I have since reading these threads and getting a steal myself on some AE's is that I didn't buy more than one pair. I checked the DSW nearby and they had nothing but snow boots and stacey adams loafers

MrR

pfr0g

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrRogers
I think 45$ is a winner, any less and they're going to start giving them away when you spend over a certain amount.

The only regret I have since reading these threads and getting a steal myself on some AE's is that I didn't buy more than one pair. I checked the DSW nearby and they had nothing but snow boots and stacey adams loafers

MrR

Nothing left in LI? I was planning on taking a trip next week from Manhattan.

Mr.Perdition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.Perdition
I picked up a chesnut Colton for $70 and a black Bentley for $45.

This was in the San Diego store, by the way. Plenty of loafers, some Holts, about 5 pairs of Coltons, mostly narrows.

MrRogers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pfr0g
Nothing left in LI? I was planning on taking a trip next week from Manhattan.

Sorry, I didnt mean to confuse. I got my 3 pairs of AE's at the LI location over christmas week, at which time they had several models in many sizes. Since returning to Philadelphia, where I currently live, I checked out the local DSW which had squat.

It was a week ago but the trip out from NYC would probably be worthwhile as i'm failrly certain they're not totally sold out by now. If you do go, there is a saks off fifth a 1/4 mile down old country road that usually has some nice pieces.

MrR

Jsoftz

Reaction score
I was out at the Houston Galleria store today, picked up a pair of Holts in black calfskin for 70. Not bad, eh? They had a few others left in higher sizes, 12, 13 and one that was even larger. The demo one was 7 1/2 if anyone wants that. They had a few other ones there, but not a large selection. There were a pair of 10.5A Lexingtons on the clearance rack in the back along with another shoe in 10.5 but EEE. Worth checking out if you've got some time, though. Happy hunting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads