• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Achieving Success. What is your theory of attaining it?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
publicly pretend to be ethical according your society, behind doors do whatver low level actions it takes to get ahead, without it coming back to haunt you in the future, in short be bastard and cover your tracks.

hmm
sly.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
publicly pretend to be ethical according your society, behind doors do whatver low level actions it takes to get ahead, without it coming back to haunt you in the future, in short be bastard and cover your tracks.
You would do well in the legal profession

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

superfans124

Reaction score

please tell me that's not how you taught your kids, cuz otherwise I'm gonna have to teach it to my kids...

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by superfans124
please tell me that's not how you taught your kids, cuz otherwise I'm gonna have to teach it to my kids...
the strange thing is you are not teaching your children this already reguardlees if i have them or not. and on offnote why the strange word instead of children or offspring, young goats?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bring yourself into every moment -- whether in your education or your career. Don't feel that your Prof is interesting and bringing you into the material? Bring yourself in, find the engaging matter there. Don't feel that your work is interesting? Put the interest into it and do high quality job.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think most of us will keep re-defining what "success" is throughout our lives. I know at one time, I would have thought where I am now spelled 100% success. Being here, I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I think most of us will keep re-defining what "success" is throughout our lives. I know at one time, I would have thought where I am now spelled 100% success. Being here, I'm pretty sure it isn't.

this too

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All it has ever meant to me was sharing my life with someone I love and not having the suffer the daily, grinding, life-stealing stress about money that my parents had to endure. Am half-decent on the second, doing really poorly on the first. Yeah, I am occasionally actuated by visions of an Aston Martin and a magnum of d'Yquem, but even I know that's BS. It'd be gravy.

Intelligent Design

Reaction score
Yeah, I am occasionally actuated by visions of an Aston Martin and a magnum of d'Yquem, but even I know that's BS. It'd be gravy.
I love gravy.
I'd be interested to hear how you defined success then, and how you define success now that you are where you are. My own theory is that human nature will never allow us to be completely satisfied with what we have. That's why so many people have said "learning to be happy" is the measure of success. Success is being happy with what you've got while still aspiring to be something better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads