• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Abs, Chest, and Arms

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the part where he compared achieving a body like Jay's to going to the moon. I would be willing to bet some serious money that few, if any, NASA employees look like pro bodybuilders. Since they don't look like Jay, they're unrespectable according to beasty, which means his analogy breaks down...

Isn't inconsistency the mark of a poor troll?

Originally Posted by beasty
I didnt state its logical.

I have already explained why its logical.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philosoph
I liked the part where he compared achieving a body like Jay's to going to the moon. I would be willing to bet some serious money that few, if any, NASA employees look like pro bodybuilders. Since they don't look like Jay, they're unrespectable according to beasty, which means his analogy breaks down...

Isn't inconsistency the mark of a poor troll?

Oh how low the mighty has fallen!! Now you resort to misquoting me!
I have never said NASA employees should or must look like pro bodybuilders nor have I said such a physique is required to go to space. I have never said people without such physiques are unrespectable.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
You crack me up, man.

Link us again to the post where you explained your "logic"? And for posterity's sake, answer this question directly:

Why should a competitive bodybuilder's body be considered any more aesthetically pleasing than any of a number of other (more popular, if we're going to talk about what "society dictates") body types, e.g. 1) models; 2) popular athletes, such as a) basketball players, or b) football players; 3) popular television and film celebrities?

(Hell, especially that last one. Don't these motion picture studios know that if they just cast Jay Cutler as the leading man in their movies, people from everywhere would flock to see this epitome of manliness on the silver screen? They are just throwing away so much money!)

lurker[1].gif

Your nick shouldnt be Saucemaster but Cluelessmaster.
Clearly casting a lead actor is not limited to his physique. There's a little thing called acting involved.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearly casting a lead actor is not limited to his physique. There's a little thing called acting involved.

I don't know, I mean, have you seen Colin Farrell's work?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score

And here I thought you were going to try to bring up Arnold. Poorly played, sir.

I'm still waiting for you to actually answer my question. Simply claiming that you have isn't enough. You're going to have to, you know, DO IT at some point.

I assert that you haven't answered it. All you have to do to prove me wrong is link me to wherever it was you think you answered my question. Just do it already. Imaginauts everywhere are disappointed in you right now.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I don't know, I mean, have you seen Colin Farrell's work?

Colin did well in Minority Report, Daredevil and New World.
Good enough to rival Brad's best work.
Methinks you are intimidated by his smouldering leading man looks.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Colin did well in Minority Report, Daredevil and New World. Good enough to rival Brad's best work. Methinks you are intimidated by his smouldering leading man looks.
Your assessment that Colin Farrell "did well" in Daredevil might just be the craziest thing you've said in this thread. And that is really saying something. Bravo.
worship.gif

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Your assessment that Colin Farrell "did well" in Daredevil might just be the craziest thing you've said in this thread. And that is really saying something. Bravo.
worship.gif

Oh really, Mr Ebert? Pray tell, Mr sweeping statement, what wrong did Colin do in DD?

As far as I am concerned, Colin brought a measure of levity and intrigue to his psychopath killer role and made him more endearing and memorable than all 4 characters in DD and in fact more than any villian in the recent Marvel comics films.
Everytime he appears on screen, it adds to the movie and you cant imagine what Bullseye would do next.

As a tribute to his success, Marvel comics even revamped Bullseye's look from a tights wearing villian to someone with a tatoo with a Bullseye on his forehead. Now thats art imitating (reel) life. You dont see Marvel making Kingpin a black man as a result of Michael Clark Duncan's portrayal, do you. Do you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads