• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Abs, Chest, and Arms

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Has to be a troll. This one sentence reiterates the exact logical flaw that smw objected to. Brilliant. Can this actually be unintentional?

At any rate, I realized who beasty reminds me of (assuming he's not actually a troll, which is a pretty scary thought): Homer Simpson. In the episode where he wins boxing matches simply by taking punches until his opponents are so tired that he just pushes them over.

Beasty: For future reference, saying "Why? Because it's logical" doesn't actually mean anything until you lay out a logical argument. Otherwise I'd never have received anything less than an A+ on any of my papers in college. Just warning you before you get to the point where it matters.

On the other hand, now I've got the perfect ending to any paper, ever. Check it out:

"Babies were made to be killed and eaten. Why? Because it's logical, and based on all the right principles. God bless these imaginauts.

Ronnie_Coleman.jpg
"

In the process of getting your alleged A+, were you taught how to read?
I have already explained why its logical.

Calling me names because you are unable to rebut my arguments shows your maturity. I rather you thank me and agree to disagree. We can agree I am right and you are wrong and while chugging your next Bud at the local pub, you can come up with the next excuse why having a body that looks good in a suit is better than Jay's and why your obviously flawed and bizarre notion of an aesthetically pleasing body is clearly better than what society dictates.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
In the process of getting your alleged A+, were you taught how to read? I have already explained why its logical. Calling me names because you are unable to rebut my arguments shows your maturity. I rather you thank me and agree to disagree. We can agree I am right and you are wrong and while chugging your next Bud at the local pub, you can come up with the next excuse why having a body that looks good in a suit is better than Jay's and why your obviously flawed and bizarre notion of an aesthetically pleasing body is clearly better than what society dictates.
You crack me up, man. Link us again to the post where you explained your "logic"? And for posterity's sake, answer this question directly: Why should a competitive bodybuilder's body be considered any more aesthetically pleasing than any of a number of other (more popular, if we're going to talk about what "society dictates") body types, e.g. 1) models; 2) popular athletes, such as a) basketball players, or b) football players; 3) popular television and film celebrities? (Hell, especially that last one. Don't these motion picture studios know that if they just cast Jay Cutler as the leading man in their movies, people from everywhere would flock to see this epitome of manliness on the silver screen? They are just throwing away so much money!)
lurker[1].gif

beasty

Reaction score
You crack me up, man.

Link us again to the post where you explained your "logic"? And for posterity's sake, answer this question directly:

Why should a competitive bodybuilder's body be considered any more aesthetically pleasing than any of a number of other (more popular, if we're going to talk about what "society dictates") body types, e.g. 1) models; 2) popular athletes, such as a) basketball players, or b) football players; 3) popular television and film celebrities?

(Hell, especially that last one. Don't these motion picture studios know that if they just cast Jay Cutler as the leading man in their movies, people from everywhere would flock to see this epitome of manliness on the silver screen? They are just throwing away so much money!)

lurker[1].gif

Your question was asked and answered.
Just as getting a PT to lift your weights wont help you, neither will my spoonfeeding.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Your question was asked and answered.
Just as getting a PT to lift your weights wont help you, neither will my spoonfeeding.

Boo. First rule of trolling: don't be lazy. At least link to the post where you dropped this knowledge on us.

beasty

Reaction score
Boo. First rule of trolling: don't be lazy. At least link to the post where you dropped this knowledge on us.

Since I am not trolling, what you post is clearly inapplicable to me.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Since I am not trolling, what you post is clearly inapplicable to me.

Is that an admission of defeat? Not even a link? Not even a copy/paste job?

You're disappointing me.

beasty

Reaction score

You're disappointing me.

Since when can that be construed as an admission? I dont believe in spoonfeeding especially since I did it once already.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by smw356
jaycongratsbk8.jpg

Look at the size and proportionality of Jay! Eveything is in proportion.
No oversized head etc.
Anyone who finds it offensive must be stark raving mad!

beasty

Reaction score

You're disappointing me.

Just look at the pic posted by smw356.
All your queries and remarks are rebuted FULLY by the pic.
Some truths are so self evident it cannot be disputed.
But by all means, continue to tread on that path if you want to look like a fool.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Just look at the pic posted by smw356.
All your queries and remarks are rebuted FULLY by the pic.
Some truths are so self evident it cannot be disputed.
But by all means, continue to tread on that path if you want to look like a fool.

So you're giving up argument, then? For shame, beasty, for shame. What would Jay think? What would Neil Armstrong think? What would Werner Heisenberg think? These men did not shirk from a challenge because they were lazy. These men did what needed doing. They dreamed big. And you can't even provide a link to a post you've already made, or simply copy/paste a previous reply?

You are not the imaginaut you thought you were.

But you can be. Dare to dream, beasty. Post your argument and show us the error of our ways.

beasty

Reaction score
So you're giving up argument, then? For shame, beasty, for shame. What would Jay think? What would Neil Armstrong think? What would Werner Heisenberg think? These men did not shirk from a challenge because they were lazy. These men did what needed doing. They dreamed big. And you can't even provide a link to a post you've already made, or simply copy/paste a previous reply?

You are not the imaginaut you thought you were.

But you can be. Dare to dream, beasty. Post your argument and show us the error of our ways.

There is nothing for you to conclude that I am giving up the argument.
Your point of view is erroneous.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
There is nothing for you to conclude that I am giving up the argument.
Your point of view is erroneous.

Does this mean that we can look forward to a response to my earlier inquiry? (See how easy that was?)

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question asked and answered. See how easy THAT was?

Come on, just provide a link to said answer. You know, just to humor is. A true imaginaut would do it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads