• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5 Most Bizarre Prisons in the World

nathanKent

Reaction score
I have to imagine that at least a couple of those are more conducive to some semblance of reform than what we're operating here. Not that Austrian one though. I haven't had hardwood floors for four years now. It's amazing to think--I'm only a plane ticket and a felony away from having them again!

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting concept that austrian prison. I remember some documentary about a thai prison where prisoners fight each other with muay thai. Pretty much like a movie, no?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 'prison' (jail is a better term) in Sark is more-often used as a crash-pad for people who get to town too late to check into a hotel.

I would love to visit Sark sometime.

centrix

Reaction score
why the hell would anyone build a prison for 2 people

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by centrix

in laws ?
bigstar[1].gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
those are some nice beautiful rooms and buildings.

if i lived in those countries i would rather go to prison than to try to live in that country if i were poor.

i saw those prisoner dancers before. they are way hilarious. i mean, they are really good and you see their body motions and facial expressions they are really really into it. like really passionate about being the best. not just going through the motions.

that gym is better well kept than the 24 hour fitness i go to.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Sark (French: Sercq; Sercquiais: Sèr) is a small island in the southwestern English Channel. It is one of the Channel Islands, is part of the Bailiwick of Guernsey, and as such is a British crown dependency. It has a population of about 600. Sark's main industries are tourism, crafts and finance. Sark has an area of 5.45 square kilometres (2.10 sq mi) [1], and was the last European territory to abolish feudalism, in 2008.
Holy ****!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Bolivian prison is probably so cool because of the drug lobby. Drug lorgs need to make sure they will be comfortable if they ever get arrested.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by centrix

Because they've only had one imprisonable offense in like 25 years?

I'm sorta bummed they got rid of feudalism last year though
confused.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
Because they've only had one imprisonable offense in like 25 years?

I'm sorta bummed they got rid of feudalism last year though
confused.gif

Yeah, because feudalism is so awesome!!!

plain.gif

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Yeah, because feudalism is so awesome!!!
plain.gif

You are just jealous because it's the only common law jurisdiction where you can get a temporary restraining order prior to filing anything.
Among the old laws . . . is the old Norman custom of the Clameur de Haro. Using this legal device, a person can obtain immediate cessation of any action he considers to be an infringement of his rights. At the scene, he must, in front of witnesses, recite the Lord's Prayer in French and cry out "Haro, Haro, Haro! À mon aide mon Prince, on me fait tort!" ("Haro, Haro, Haro! To my aid, my Prince! I am being wronged!"). It should then be registered with the Greffe Office within 24 hours. All actions against the person must then cease until the matter is heard by the Court.
The only reason Sark abolished feudalism was over threats of lawsuits before the EU by two media barons who wanted to turn the island into a tourist trap for their hotel. The 600 residents seemed not to care (or else they would have already commenced a suit).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads