• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$180.00 Custom Tailored Suit Pics

TGPlastic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knyteguy
Not too far away at all then, Michael. Interesting.

I'll try those searches. As far as being a little more work... well I've always believed the things worth doing usually are, especially to get the results you want. I'll also check out the article from Kabbaz. Thank you for the tips
smile.gif

Ya I'm definitely starting to consider a lighter suit, I'm burning up just trying these on for the pictures, and I'm not even going outside haha. I might pick up one more Wool charcoal grey suit from these guys, and I'll get quoted on a linen. I will be needing a good business suit for here very soon I suspect.

And all I can say is it would still be extremely bad ass pardon my french to have a custom gun pocket in my trousers. I'm going in next week to pick up a few miscellaneous goods from my tailor, and I'll have to speak to them about this.

Naked do you have your CW permit, or do you own for home protection etc? Either way a 357 is a very fun gun to shoot; my good friend back home and I always go shooting with his.

Now for the pics. Constructive criticism again, welcomed and appreciated; keyword however being constructive.

Also, 1 pic of my corduroy sports jacket / blazer thingy (2 button), and 4 pairs of tailored jeans which I am VERY happy with. The one that is closest to OP picture is the corduroy jacket.

P.S. Shirt collar on this particular shirt is a little off. Not sure why, the collars on the others are a little shorter, gonna need to have em fix it next week. Something just looks off from the back shots. Maybe it's just me, but anyone more knowledgeable might know.

Is this a joke?

scot

Reaction score
Fantastic diving in phuket. One day I am going to go back and do a liveaboard...

As for the suits, I will mirror the more negative responders here. The fit is just not very good. I'm betting you stood up nice-n-straight when they were doing the measuring, so it fits a bit un-naturally around the body and shoulders, probably looks bad when you are standing normally. The arms are just.. wrong. Too large, bent and too long or something, hard to say. Either that or your shirt is just way too short and you have huge arms.

None of us can tell anything about fused vs canvased, construction quality, materials etc. at this point. Having walked into the big boss fashions outlets around the country before, I would highly caution you from going back. They did not inspire anything close to quality to me.

I looked all over kata and karon, nothing I would trust with 300 baht much less 3000. "sure kiton material, 1500 baht boss. My friend, I get you great deal."

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Interesting Michael, you seem to put Detectives in kind of a bad light. It does sound a little biased though. Seems odd they go for a confession without even contact a lawyer. I'm sure the DA looks good with stuff like that though... Anyway ya definitely going to talk to them, I wish I knew exactly what needed to be fixed, but I don't. I have talked to them about return business, so it would be bad on their part if they aren't willing to make a few adjustments. I'm pretty sure they will though, as stated the sales guy I've worked with seems to be a good honest man. And ya... definitely no on the leather elbows on the corduroy haha. I hadn't really thought about corduroy trousers, but I very well may try some out; I used to love em when I was younger. Oh and you're right about the collar. I thought it was a shirt flaw, but upon putting it away I noticed you're completely right haha. I knew it looked funny. The damn things are so much stiffer than I'm used, and I'm trying to be gentle. Man, no offense, but I'm not gonna take crap from people like Eason on the internet, in real life, or anywhere else for that matter. I am willing to take criticism, but he was straight up trolling, there's a difference. Easy to do when he won't even put himself out there himself, which tells me just how weak he really is. I'd guess I'd need thicker skin if I actually took offense to it. I didn't; after all the women love my humble beard, his opinion on this matter is meaningless to me
smile.gif
. P.S.: I dabble in the Web Design / Consulting business myself, mind if I check your site(s)?

And yet here you are, 3 pages in, still not caring about me. Funny how you claim to lurk and then talk about how I hide behind the internet and don't post my pictures.
bounce2.gif
Who is your camp/Kru? How many matches have you had?

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
And yet here you are, 3 pages in, still not caring about me. Funny how you claim to lurk and then talk about how I hide behind the internet and don't post my pictures.
bounce2.gif
Who is your camp/Kru? How many matches have you had?

No, it's just your asshatness stood out lol. Camp is www.tigermuaythai.com in Phuket. Master Ajarn Dang is my Kru(teacher for those who don't know). He has been training fighters (some of them champions) for over 40 years, and he even had a pupil go in a match against Ramon Dekker at Lumpinee stadium in Bangkok. Dang is also my friend. I also am being taught by Non (phonetically spelt), who is really pushing me on my boxing. No matches yet, I've only been here 3 weeks, and studied Kenpo & MMA in the states. I will be requesting a match for if not April, then May. I want to be sure I'm ready first. My boxing is pretty decent since I have some practice from back home, but my kicking really needs some work.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
So you're quite new there, that's quite a big jump to move to Thailand just to train Muay Thai. Where did you do MMA in the US?

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
I posted it because he has a suit and a gun, and you were previously talking about a suit and gun. I know the difference between a revolver and a auto. Also while it is a movie his technique is very real. Obviously you know nothing about CCB pistol shooting, it was a classic mozambique.

bounce2.gif

Knyteguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
So you're quite new there, that's quite a big jump to move to Thailand just to train Muay Thai. Where did you do MMA in the US?
Ya, it was very nerve wracking in the days coming up to it. I kinda needed something new though. Life's daily grind was starting to take a toll on me, especially working graveyard for 2 years; so I basically decided to take a break from everything and put my character to the test, if that makes sense. I've also had the opportunity to kinda start my own web business here, so I may not have to go back to my job at all. I trained at "The Academy of Self Defense" in Reno. It's technically a style called TAI (total arts incorporated) originated from Master David Germaine. The main Studio is based out of Anaheim, CA. I think they plan on putting me in a local cage match this coming August. I really hope so at least. You seem somewhat knowledgeable on the subject, are you a fan, practitioner, or just generally well versed?

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taste is interesting. From the pics, the suit does not fit you very well. But you're young, you'll learn, especially from the guys around here. They're a critical but supportive. If you ask the question, expect an answer.

That said, there are folks that post ill fitting, tweed nightmares that get raves. Huge, blanket style, horrible bold check jackets that find lots of love. Just one person's taste. Personally, I find them completely ridiculous.

Don't let the honest discussion get you down. Keep reading and learning. If you follow the WAYWRN thread for a while, it's better info than from a good tailor.

Enjoy.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Ya, it was very nerve wracking in the days coming up to it. I kinda needed something new though. Life's daily grind was starting to take a toll on me, especially working graveyard for 2 years; so I basically decided to take a break from everything and put my character to the test, if that makes sense. I've also had the opportunity to kinda start my own web business here, so I may not have to go back to my job at all.

I trained at "The Academy of Self Defense" in Reno. It's technically a style called TAI (total arts incorporated) originated from Master David Germaine. The main Studio is based out of Anaheim, CA. I think they plan on putting me in a local cage match this coming August. I really hope so at least.

You seem somewhat knowledgeable on the subject, are you a fan, practitioner, or just generally well versed?

I've done Muay Thai for 5 years, and in the US I did MMA at Straight Blast Gym. If you're going to fight in a MMA match, you better work on your wrestling/BJJ up until that date, you never know who the guy you're fighting really is in local promotions, but good wrestlers are very common.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See how relationships develop on SF.....awwww...Knyteguy and Eason....
fight[1].gif
boxing[1].gif
...and now thanks to SF.....
smile.gif
smile.gif
....soon to be....
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Regards.
bigstar[1].gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't see what the big problem is to be honest...

Then you're clearly either blind or a complete idiot. Considering how cheap it was I don't want to rip it apart too much, but the view from the back shows that the fit is horrendous, both of my MTM suits that I bought online with measurements I took myself fit considerably better than that, and I'm willing to bet that most OTR suits in the right size would fit you better than that one too. In-fact I'm having a hard time understanding just how a suit supposedly custom made for you can possibly fit so badly.

Also, do NOT come here asking for criticism and then try arguing back when people tell you the truth, you just come across as a loser who can't take criticism. If you're just going to go on thinking your suit fits fine and not believe anyone who tells you otherwise, then why bother posting this damn thread in the first place? Did you really want feedback or were you just expecting validation from everyone telling you how great your suit is?

haTTer

Reaction score
I honestly think youre taking the piss or clueless.
blush.gif

I lived in Bangkok for 6 years and this has to be the worst tailoring Ive ever seen (anywhere) iIts obvious even to my 3 year old the fit is appauling -a blind man on a galloping horse would be able to tell you that ! I think you are having us on mate.
Its bloody awful !
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the suit jacket has felt under the collar... please.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Also, do NOT come here asking for criticism and then try arguing back when people tell you the truth, you just come across as a loser who can't take criticism. If you're just going to go on thinking your suit fits fine and not believe anyone who tells you otherwise, then why bother posting this damn thread in the first place? Did you really want feedback or were you just expecting validation from everyone telling you how great your suit is?

This. Pay attention to this. Either you want criticism, or you want to show everyone how wonderful your suit is, it can't really be both. If you're getting upset over criticism, or rejecting it, there's not reason to ask for it in the first place.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the coat is definetly too large for you as you can tell it bunches in the back. The sleeves looked too long from the back but looked ok in the front. Would they alter this for you without charge?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads