• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thomasB

Reaction score
I’d wager for the pants that if the waistband shrinks the inseam going to shrink too. The waistband will stretch back out some with wear but the inseam likely would not. At least that’s my experience with cotton pants.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my order today. The denim shirt is great. It fits well, the fabric is nice, and I love the utilitarian vibes of the dual flap pockets. Unfortunately the Wainscott sweater and 501s are too large so they'll be going back.

I could almost live with the relaxed fit of the sweater but the sleeves are way too long. I'm bummed the 501s don't fit. I ordered them in a size 34, one size up as per the recommendation on the website and the waist measures 18 1/2" across.

Attached are a few photos. For reference I'm 5'11"/165 lbs and the tops are tagged small.

I'm excited to get the field shirt - looks great, IMO.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me waiting for Trailhead tee shipping notification from UM
raining_david_tennant.gif

EvilTuna7

Reaction score
Got my order of the denim field shirt and vest today (large in both). Love the the design of both and the vest fits well, but the shirt is a bit longer than I prefer. If there’s anyone out there with a medium who’d like a large, I’d be up for a trade. Also curious if that’s something a tailor could easily take care of? Never had that alteration done before.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Altering the length of this shirt will be very easy, but keep in mind not all tailors have sewing machines which can deal with denim material, depending on its thickness. There is no issue with patch pockets etc. with this particular shirt.
I alter shirts completely almost once a week.....and I mean everything from shoulders to chest to length. Nothing gets into my cupboard without going through an alteration tailor first.

Last edited:

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a Large Trailhead Tee back in stock on 18east.co

~21'' p2p
~18'' shoulders
~27'' length

EvilTuna7

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the info Staxxx!

Altering the length of this shirt will be very easy, but keep in mind not all tailors have sewing machines which can deal with denim material, depending on its thickness. There is no issue with patch pockets etc.
I alter shirts completely almost once a week.....and I mean everything from shoulders to chest to length. Nothing gets into my cupboard without going through an alteration tailor first.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
The webshop doesn't allow shipping to Canada anymore? Doesn't seem to be an option under the "Country" dropdown menu...

slimster

Reaction score
The webshop doesn't allow shipping to Canada anymore? Doesn't seem to be an option under the "Country" dropdown menu...

Printing a label and handing it to a carrier sure is difficult in this day and age. Not surprising though after almost three weeks of no shipping.

Last edited:

Staxxx1

Reaction score
There's a Large Trailhead Tee back in stock on 18east.co

~21'' p2p
~18'' shoulders
~27'' length

Excellent - that's mine unless it's gone already again :)

Nope ....shows sold out :( ...anyway XL would have been better for me as I need 22" across the chest (P to P).

...oops! Just saw your post Ghee!

Staxxx1

Reaction score
A pair of medium cord easy pants is headed back to 18 east, fyi

What do these run on the waist please? I may need a L I think at 38" (which is in stock) or an XL.

...my apologies, I see Unionmade has the size measurement charts.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads