• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shipping was crazy fast on the shirt. Unfortunately it feels like it’s a size small tagged as a medium. ☹

Same issue. Bought a Sam Shirt in medium that has a P2P measurement that is a hair below an XS and the length and sleeves are a hair under a small. It fits absolutely tiny. I've sent an email to 18E and waiting to hear back. Hopefully something can be done because it looks like a great jacket and the pants in medium fit great.

@NickPollica has there been problems with sizing recently or are these one offs? I understand these items are hand made and we can expect a margin of error (+/- 1") but I got the Khadi reversible sahasika in XL and the sizing is way off. At first I thought the time I've been spending in the gym has paid off but nope.

The size chart shows:
shoulders 19.25"
chest 25"
length 29.5"

I measured:
shoulders 18.25"
chest 23.25"
length 26.5" if you measure from bottom of collar. If you include the collar it's 27.5"

It fits over a full size smaller than measurements.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but some of the boutiquey stores I buy from offer "eco friendly pacakging" and "signature packaging" (for a small upcharge) that includes gift wrapping, nice boxes, etc.

Probably more of a hassle than it's worth to implement though. The rolled clothes have never bothered me.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@NickPollica has there been problems with sizing recently or are these one offs? I understand these items are hand made and we can expect a margin of error (+/- 1") but I got the Khadi reversible sahasika in XL and the sizing is way off. At first I thought the time I've been spending in the gym has paid off but nope.

The size chart shows:
shoulders 19.25"
chest 25"
length 29.5"

I measured:
shoulders 18.25"
chest 23.25"
length 26.5" if you measure from bottom of collar. If you include the collar it's 27.5"

It fits over a full size smaller than measurements.

Not that we’ve seen or have been called out in a larger pattern way (I think a handful of cases in a lot of orders). Maybe our Indian team sewed the wrong size label in? We just measured an xl of this piece in studio to double check and it’s correct to the chart. Happy to send it to you as an exchange on us if you’d like. I had the guys set is aside today - Just email [email protected] with your order number and let them know we talked and they will sort out asap. Sorry again!

BfordSingh

Reaction score
I was super bummed that I missed out on the Tuckerman Climbing Pant in Honey Handloom in my size when they dropped last fall. Finally copped a pair in small off Gr41led and I am blown away. I think I like these even better than the Goreckis. I can absolutely see myself wearing these every single day.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone else mentioned Mr. Porter, a package from them does feel like something expensive has arrived. The rolls don't give the same impression. I did assume it was a more cost-effective way to ship but it doesn't bother me. I understand 18E is a smaller company. You guys do a good job of communicating the thought and care that goes into the product and I appreciate the price point. I don't need a fancy box and thank-you card... that stuff goes directly into the recycling when I open my packages anyway.

I'd rather my money go to the clothes than the packaging. 🤷‍♂️

Kind of like the rolled packaging myself, seems pretty effective (also lets the mail person get it in my mailbox).

J1987

Reaction score
Having bad luck with the brand recently, the Shelter shorts didn't fit at all and the sage Hancocks seem to have shrunk quite a bit in the wash. Maybe on me since they're linen but it says to tumble dry low, I assumed they were preshrunk or something.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having bad luck with the brand recently, the Shelter shorts didn't fit at all and the sage Hancocks seem to have shrunk quite a bit in the wash. Maybe on me since they're linen but it says to tumble dry low, I assumed they were preshrunk or something.
How long did you dry them for and which heat setting did you use, when drying the linen Hancocks?

I love those shorts and have washed and dried them a few times now. Linen always has a little shrinkage, but I make sure to use the timed dry setting on medium for 15 mins, check them and do another 5 mins etc.

J1987

Reaction score
How long did you dry them for and which heat setting did you use, when drying the linen Hancocks?

I love those shorts and have washed and dried them a few times now. Linen always has a little shrinkage, but I make sure to use the timed dry setting on medium for 15 mins, check them and do another 5 mins etc.

Just the lowest temp setting but a full 60 min cycle. In hindsight I should've been more mindful of the material but I did check the tag and saw it said tumble dry so I just went with it. I like em too but mine definitely lost a little length and some of the bagginess. Oh well, lesson learned.

On the other hand customer service was really helpful with the Shelter shorts so shout out to them on that.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just the lowest temp setting but a full 60 min cycle. In hindsight I should've been more mindful of the material but I did check the tag and saw it said tumble dry so I just went with it. I like em too but mine definitely lost a little length and some of the bagginess. Oh well, lesson learned.

On the other hand customer service was really helpful with the Shelter shorts so shout out to them on that.
Bummer. You can reshape linen a little bit, so you could give that a shot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads