• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SimModa

Reaction score
The Eidos sleeves always seemed too long for my short arms and I don’t have competent tailors available. The 18 East field shirt sleeves are a bit long but not excessive for me. Congrats on the Jungle Jacket. I really love that one but find it impossible to justify any more outerwear, especially in that color. Will regret later of course.

Ahh, sleeve length alterations are rather difficult. I took me a long time to find a tailor skilled enough to do anything with sleeves. Ive tried unsuccessfully in Orlando, Miami, and Jacksonville until I came upon my current tailor in Tampa. If you're in the area or not too far of I can PM their info.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it sounds like people are actually sizing down from their normal size in other brands for the shirts so far? That's the impression I'm getting from a few posts. Is that true? I'm a medium in brands almost across the board (including Eidos) unless it's a Japanese brand with smaller sizing scale in which case I go with Large.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh, sleeve length alterations are rather difficult. I took me a long time to find a tailor skilled enough to do anything with sleeves. Ive tried unsuccessfully in Orlando, Miami, and Jacksonville until I came upon my current tailor in Tampa. If you're in the area or not too far of I can PM their info.

Please do! Thanks!

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it sounds like people are actually sizing down from their normal size in other brands for the shirts so far? That's the impression I'm getting from a few posts. Is that true? I'm a medium in brands almost across the board (including Eidos) unless it's a Japanese brand with smaller sizing scale in which case I go with Large.

Antonio’s sizing goes:

XS = 36
S = 38
M = 40

And so on. This was true with Eidos as well I think for the most part.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
180 delivery came last night. A few shots:

View attachment 1038073 View attachment 1038071 View attachment 1038072

Baby cord shirt has a chest of 22” and a length of 29”. Aran has a chest of 22” and a length of 26.5”. Both are size small. Cord pants are a medium. For reference I’m 5’10” and 175 lbs. Normally wear a medium in most things and 32 in pants.

Received the blue printed field shirt. Awesome piece. The cotton is so light it feels like linen. I was worried when the drop date was first announced that I’d have to wait until next year for Florida appropriate pieces but this is perfect.
Normally an S in brands so the XS fits just right.
Only picked up one piece because I was worried about the sleeves (which stopped me from getting a lot of great Eidos shirts).
Will be ready for more come Friday.

Antonio’s sizing goes:

XS = 36
S = 38
M = 40

And so on. This was true with Eidos as well I think for the most part.

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the scaling, but from your post on the blue printed field shirt and @kjb 's post quoted, it seems like both of you have sized down from your typical size in other brands, which is what I'm trying to confirm. I'm typically a 40/M and was in Eidos, but it seems like with some of these shirts, I'd be a small...

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the scaling, but from your post on the blue printed field shirt and @kjb 's post quoted, it seems like both of you have sized down from your typical size in other brands, which is what I'm trying to confirm. I'm typically a 40/M and was in Eidos, but it seems like with some of these shirts, I'd be a small...

i think it would depend upon what you're looking to pick up. the aran and the button downs fit me better when i sized down. but based on the measurements and pictures the fine people on this thread have provided, the cashmere sweaters, rollneck, and t shirts might be TTS or even size up depending on your body type and how you want it to fit.

michaellosauro

Reaction score
Still thinking about whether or not I should get a size down from this aran. Still getting used to the whole oversized thing without looking sloppy.

55856926664__E610FEE9-0D4F-4209-A70D-64DDF99CC848-1.jpeg

SLieber967

Reaction score

Keen

Reaction score
So, getting iffy about the sizes I chose for the two t-shirts (white trailhead and indigo kamkari). Not sure why I chose L, maybe based on the last Lupo I bought (NYC Blue). Probably not the smartest decision, considering how inconsistent those sizes where YoY, and that I was XL, now that I checked, in all other iterations... So totally my own fault, and now both XLs are sold out. Hmm, to wait and see or cancel and order something else? Both are still listed as Unfulfilled, and I've received no shipping notification, so maybe I still have some time to wait other impressions.

Living in Sweden, so return shipping is a bit of a pain.

Morgan Creek

Reaction score
Still thinking about whether or not I should get a size down from this aran. Still getting used to the whole oversized thing without looking sloppy.

View attachment 1041713
For comparison's sake, I'm 6'4" and wearing a small, which per the product description would qualify as a "slimmer fit." Antonio mentioned that he's my height and build and wears a medium, so YMMV.

IMG_3375.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads