• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good thing we aren't the same size heh

who am i kidding, though, got a kid on the way and spending all my money on getting ready for that.

anyone wanna donate to the "keeping mossrockss stylish after his priorities necessarily dramatically change due to imminent offspring" fund? i can send you my paypal :D
You have the rich, rewarding duty of raising a child to become a useful member of society and servant of the Creator. I can only assuage myself with dope jawnz.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good thing we aren't the same size heh

who am i kidding, though, got a kid on the way and spending all my money on getting ready for that.

anyone wanna donate to the "keeping mossrockss stylish after his priorities necessarily dramatically change due to imminent offspring" fund? i can send you my paypal :D

Food and drink are overrated. Only half-joking. If you can't change your housing or transportation, drastically cutting down on restaurant and bar tabs may free up some discretionary funds.

Just make sure you don't accidentally click on SF's Watch Appreciation thread. All hope is lost at that point.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have the rich, rewarding duty of raising a child to become a useful member of society and servant of the Creator. I can only assuage myself with dope jawnz.

when I consider the jawnz
the works of your hands
i ask, what is a styfodude that you are mindful of him
a menswear enthusiast that you consider him

Food and drink are overrated. Only half-joking. If you can't change your housing or transportation, drastically cutting down on restaurant and bar tabs may free up some discretionary funds.

Just make sure you don't accidentally click on SF's Watch Appreciation thread. All hope is lost at that point.

haha i will keep my styleforum browsing contained.

everyday

Reaction score

Sorry to derail the awesomeness going on in this thread

(and did you see those chukkas on Antonios instagram, wow!)

but...
I know this being an American site and being frequented by many Americans (as well as living among them) I'm probably going to get a lot of hate or not-understanding, but I honestly think Americans over-emphasize their attention to kids. They seem to want to change everything for their kids, including their diet (!), their daily lives, their hobbies, their vacations, their after-work activities (soccer-parents, birthday parties, etc.), interests, and living through utter misery so that “someday their kids can have it better”, who will then do the same thing so that “their kids can have it better”, perpetually ruining their and their children's lives.

When I was a kid, my parents made sure I stood on my own two feet from an early age. I couldn't wait to grow up so I could be my own person, and I am glad they stayed who they wanted to be, too.

dkboze

Reaction score
As an American ... that generally makes sense to me. However raising kids in this country is insanely expensive, so all that’s what it often seems to take.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to derail the awesomeness going on in this thread

(and did you see those chukkas on Antonios instagram, wow!)

but...
I know this being an American site and being frequented by many Americans (as well as living among them) I'm probably going to get a lot of hate or not-understanding, but I honestly think Americans over-emphasize their attention to kids. They seem to want to change everything for their kids, including their diet (!), their daily lives, their hobbies, their vacations, their after-work activities (soccer-parents, birthday parties, etc.), interests, and living through utter misery so that “someday their kids can have it better”, who will then do the same thing so that “their kids can have it better”, perpetually ruining their and their children's lives.

When I was a kid, my parents made sure I stood on my own two feet from an early age. I couldn't wait to grow up so I could be my own person, and I am glad they stayed who they wanted to be, too.

I totally hear you and agree—the kid-centered family unit is a botch, I believe it should be parent-centered for various reasons.

But anyway, I work for a non-profit by choice in my life right now, so pay is low comparatively speaking and as mentioned, in America having kids can be expensive (for instance, I know I'll be on the hook for at least $4,000 this year in hospital fees relating to childbirth) unless you qualify for gov't aid (which I don't by a small margin). This is why I started trying to make some income on the side through blogging—guilt-free source of money for all the sick jawnz. Though even that I'm directing toward other expenses atm out of necessity.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I totally hear you and agree—the kid-centered family unit is a botch, I believe it should be parent-centered for various reasons.

But anyway, I work for a non-profit by choice in my life right now, so pay is low comparatively speaking and as mentioned, in America having kids can be expensive (for instance, I know I'll be on the hook for at least $4,000 this year in hospital fees relating to childbirth) unless you qualify for gov't aid (which I don't by a small margin). This is why I started trying to make some income on the side through blogging—guilt-free source of money for all the sick jawnz. Though even that I'm directing toward other expenses atm out of necessity.

A friend once told me what he pays for childcare for his two daughters and I was like "holy ****, that's the most baller purchase ever."

Every time I see a parent with a kid now, I just think about how that person is straight flexing.

Tastethesoup

Reaction score
Every time I see a parent with a kid now, I just think about how that person is straight flexing.

Kids give F/W drops a whole new meaning.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend once told me what he pays for childcare for his two daughters and I was like "holy ****, that's the most baller purchase ever."

My sister and her husband were paying for day care of their twins nearly what my parents paid for my private college tuition many years ago. They compared their kids starting public school to getting a huge raise at work.

Nat25

Reaction score
Posted this in eidos, but prob better here. Antonio, as a Belgian loafer afficianado, what are your favorite colors? I have a pair of chocolate brown suede that I love and wanted to get a second everyday pair - maybe dark brown leather or what would you recommend? Thanks!

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I wish I was going to be near one of the launch events.

I’ve accepted there’s no way I’m going to get any of the pieces I want from the initial release given the limited quantities, but I’m looking forward to the next round.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Posted this in eidos, but prob better here. Antonio, as a Belgian loafer afficianado, what are your favorite colors? I have a pair of chocolate brown suede that I love and wanted to get a second everyday pair - maybe dark brown leather or what would you recommend? Thanks!

The chocolate brown suedes are the every day pair! These days I have those and a nutmeg suede pair as well and that’s it. I find non-suede shoes too formal my life these days.

Man I wish I was going to be near one of the launch events.

I’ve accepted there’s no way I’m going to get any of the pieces I want from the initial release given the limited quantities, but I’m looking forward to the next round.

Outside of the 3 limited edition styles, ecomm has the deepest stock so you should be fine if you’re on the email list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads