• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw, the Naissance blue mandarin collar jacket is awesome. Nice alternative to the current safari rage. People should give it a try while 50% off. Definitely getting Naissance again in the future.

mypants

Reaction score
Wow! Just wow. I received my preordered Inis Meain New Aran Sweater yesterday. You can't possibly believe how incredible this thing is without seeing it in person. And I had high expectations...

From the preorder photos, this is the exact color way - which NMWA didn't stock:

Only problem, as does happen with preorders is that these really did come up small. I ordered a Large which has always been perfect in Inis Meain for me, but it fits one size small for sure.

Anyone here happen to order an Extra Large and lose a lot of weight since March and want to trade?

Here are the measurements for the same sweater in a different color way that Nmwa is stocking:
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/brown-orange-wool-cashmere-new-aran-fisherman-sweater.html

Anyhow, long shot, but otherwise I imagine I'm going to have to eat the loss. Figured it was worth a shot at least!

Gonna be sad to not have one of these... :(

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
think NMWA is doing some work on the site, some stuff are not showing up is probably why

I believe "hiding" the sale items was the intent. But ads & cookies seem to be the way to uncover the sale items we viewed previously. However, FINAL20 doesn't work anymore

36ipw4.jpg

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got an email that my Bumfreezer pre-order has come in. For the life of me, I cannot recall which fabric I picked out and it doesn't say which one in my order details. As I recall, all of the fabrics offered were pretty stellar so I am sort of stoked that it will be a surprise.

I think it may have been some sort of herringbone?

I was right on the herringbone - I got an olive green herringbone. I forget the exact name of the shade. The jacket is phenomenally awesome (the fit is perfect and that's something I always worry about with pre-orders) and seems incredibly warm for its weight. I do sort of wish I had ordered a brighter color though but that's just a thought I had as I went to hang it up and realized nearly every jacket I own is some shade of brown, green, or navy.

folks with a Norwegian rain bumfreezer jacket, how is it in 50 degree weather? do you find it too warm?

It was just under 50º here in Metro Detroit this morning and I debated between wearing my new Bumfreezer or my MA-1 flight jacket on the way to work this morning. I opted for the flight jacket since I drive a Jeep and had the top off and a cool morning and topless car seems like the perfect situation for a flight jacket but I sort of wish I had gone with the Bumfreezer.

I feel like I am always running a bit warm so I don't know if I will wear my Bumfreezer much until the temps are consistently a bit lower. It does seem pretty warm for its weight. I think around 50 would probably be my max with it. The temps are supposed to be around 45º on my way to work the next few days so maybe I'll try the Bumfreezer tomorrow.

dolatron

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the fit of the Bumfreezer vs other NR coats? I like the fit of the small DB I have. It fits great over a sweater for me but the arctic liner was too small, even over a tee.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the fit of the Bumfreezer vs other NR coats? I like the fit of the small DB I have. It fits great over a sweater for me but the arctic liner was too small, even over a tee.

My bumfreezer (XL) is one size down from my SB w/liner (XXL). I like the fit of both. I wear the SB over a sweater or jacket. I don't wear the bumfreezer over a jacket, but I will over a normal sweater (not a Kanata or the thicker Gray/Scott & Charters).

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

If you like the fit of the DB on its own, but it's too small with an arctic liner, then the S in the Bumfreezer is probably right for you

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who laughs when they see that Inis Meain model? That dude looks like he'd rather be anywhere else.

Nah, that guy is badass and always takes great photos.

To me, he will always be a "retired" MI6 asset, who isn't actually retired, all while running a wool mill, farming sheep, and hiding in the Aran islands as a cover.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just got my Eidso field jacket in grey, love the fabric, fit is something I might have to get used to though (or just because I usually wear spotscoat or while random jacket is all more techwear like)

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mypants

That's what I fear might happen to me too. Have you taken measurements by any chance? I'm also a Large in all other IM. Worst case scenario, I'll put a Limited Edition in green with purple accents and bullswool on the market here... ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads