• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@conceptual 4est What's the fit on the Type 3 like Kyle? TTS?

Are these being restocked? FWIW I've got 34's...I love the cut, roomy but slight taper below the knee. I do use a belt and could probably go down a size but don't want to lose the proportion I get with 34 (which is more or less my actual size). I would love to get a pair of the Type 3 in a washed black someday.

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
@conceptual 4est What's the fit on the Type 3 like Kyle? TTS?

I'd recommend ordering your usual size - some posters here that own the type 3 5-year-fade can probably weigh in better though.

You'll probably notice that size 30 and 31 are missing - that was not intentional

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Formosa measurements are slightly different to previous seasons, or perhaps just someone new measuring them?

A few weeks ago, I had some time to spare before my flight and intrusively dropped by NMWA as I had a meeting that just so happened to be right around the corner. Completely unannounced (very inconsiderate and rude of me...I didn't quite understand that NMWA wasn't a physical storefront...) the team invited me in and graciously afforded me the opportunity to find my fit in G. Inglese, which evolved into a pending MTO, I digress...

Anyway, I was able to try on the summer tweed Formosa and found the fit in my usual size (50R) to be noticeably more trim all over. The shoulders, waist, and unfortunately (the sleeves) were more snug than I could afford to live with...and the 52 fit wonderfully everywhere but the shoulders, which of course is a no-go. For reference, I own several FW Formosa's and the 50 is an absolute dream for me OTR.

That said, the lucky guy who's getting ready to receive that jacket is in for a real treat. The fabric is beautiful beyond words in color, texture, and feel. Such a tastefully unique piece and I hope the new owner wears it to tatters! :)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'd recommend ordering your usual size - some posters here that own the type 3 5-year-fade can probably weigh in better though. 

You'll probably notice that size 30 and 31 are missing - that was not intentional

I wear a 35 in most pants (Epaulet for example). I ordered the 36 last season and found them slightly roomy. I'll be waiting impatiently for the 34's to drop

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@MrVenneri you also tried on the merlot linen jacket from last summer, right? Do I remember well that it was also too snug in sz 50?

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@MrVenneri
 you also tried on the merlot linen jacket from last summer, right?  Do I remember well that it was also too snug in sz 50?

I did. As gorgeous as that jacket is it broke my heart to find that it was even more snug than the summer tweed of this season. The affectionately dubbed, 'Merlosa', felt as though it was a TTS 50R.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. This could explain the fit issues I had with the summer herringbone... Haven't tried on the exchanged jacket yet because I haven't been home since it arrived, but this would the tightness in the shoulders, chest and waist.

Maybe dropping a few lbs will help me out there and get a slightly better fit on the rest of my jackets & suits as well

Last edited:

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoever bought grey/blue/brown Formosa in 48, shoot me a note if you are thinking of returning. Been waiting for months to buy and it was gone before I could pull the trigger

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we expect any interesting Camoshita pants this season? I'm looking at the Rota drops and like them but honestly I *loved* the Camoshita pants I picked up last fall and would be willing to wait if similar cuts and styles are incoming for the spring. I'm wearing the flannel easy pants right now lol.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One style of easy pants and some navy cotton seersucker trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads