• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just paid for mine, can't wait to get it. Can I hear some thoughts on it? How is the sizing?

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just paid for mine, can't wait to get it. Can I hear some thoughts on it? How is the sizing?
I wear a 39" jacket, and this in a medium is near perfect with a button down or light sweater under it. A heavier sweater would be too much. It is a hair smaller than SS size IV. The fit and finish is really outstanding.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested to see how the BF fits on me, then. I picked up a medium as well... and I am closer to a 40" jacket (although I wear 38 in Formosa). Excited nonetheless!

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I am interested to see how the BF fits on me, then. I picked up a medium as well... and I am closer to a 40" jacket (although I wear 38 in Formosa). Excited nonetheless!

As we discussed, it was too tight on me (the Medium) in the chest (and armholes). It looked great open, but with a sweater on underneath it wasn't wearable. I would be a 39 in Formosa if it existed. I have a large on the way.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTM Inglese from earlier this year. I kept it simple with the white and blue end-on-end cotton in size 43 with 42 arms. Some of my 42s are snug in the neck and chest. These are perfect with room to spare if they shrink a bit.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm more of a true 40R (18" shoulder, about 25.5" sleeve, 30.5" BOC) and I ordered a large NR Bumfreezer and it fits the way I wanted it to. I think a medium would have made layering too tight.

IronStyle

Reaction score
Received the Scott & Charters cardigan and tried on tonight. Here's both buttoned and unbuttoned. It's a burgundy color with black undertones and is on the darker side vs a richer/brighter plum or true purple color in case any had an eye on it. Very nice and classy color.

And bonus pic - happened to wear my fuzzy butteros today.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm curious as well as well as myself and Steel are both 38/48 SC's. I'm a medium shirt....Maybe my shoulders are narrower than Steels? I'll post photos here again for Odd I/O's consideration. Large with liner is ok but I won't likely wear it with liner unless I move or travel to freezing climes.
Sans liner, it was quite baggy and wide at the shoulders. All feedback agreed.
Medium should be arriving soon.
Hard to tell any differences between the pictures with and without the liner though the sleeves in the picture without the liner definitely looks baggy. I remember that you had a memory coat in size 4 that you found a bit constricting in the chest and shoulders. I have the same coat in the same size and it's more of a slouchier fit for me. I probably could have gone down to a size three except the bulky liner in front might have caused it to be a bit too tight though I don't know as I never got a chance to try on a size three. Let us know how a medium (with arctic liner?) fits you as I was recommended to take a size small or a medium with arctic liner.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I find it perfect without arctic liner with either shirt/sweater/SC. Can easily wear it 3 seasons.

Let me say another thing..design, quality, and features are unreal. I would buy it again multiple times.

Thanks for the feedback! Now I just have to nail down my size.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell any differences between the pictures with and without the liner though the sleeves in the picture without the liner definitely looks baggy. I remember that you had a memory coat in size 4 that you found a bit constricting in the chest and shoulders. I have the same coat in the same size and it's more of a slouchier fit for me. I probably could have gone down to a size three except the bulky liner in front might have caused it to be a bit too tight though I don't know as I never got a chance to try on a size three.

Let us know how a medium (with arctic liner?) fits you as I was recommended to take a size small or a medium with arctic liner.
Impressive memory about my Memory (coat)! Yes,it was a very close fit all around. I did trade for the size 5 though. Much better. As an aside, I like it better without the liner/hood....

Weird that the size 4 wool Juncus coat is a perfect fit.

Yes, the NR sleeves were baggy w/o liner but with a 38.5" chest there was a lot of room at the body w/o liner as well. Shoulders were wide too.

I've been nervously awaiting the medium(with liner) but it will arrive tomorrow and I'll let you know and take a pic or 2.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads